CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Missing Luggage Carts (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/371226-missing-luggage-carts.html)

2Littletime January 26th, 2010 10:37 PM

Missing Luggage Carts

Okay, while this is not specific to cruise lines, I consider my hotel experience pre and post cruise part of my vacation and I have a gripe. When you arrive at a hotel, with your family, and you want to bring in your luggage you go looking for a luggage trolley so that you can do it all in one trip. In the last two months we have stayed in 18 hotels, in 12 of them we encountered the exact same problem. The trolleys were missing. When we inquired we were told repeatedly that many people load them up and then keep them in their room with them instead of bringing them back downstairs. WHAT?? I could not imagine that this was the case, but it appears to be true. On one particular morning when I had far too little sleep and was feeling particularly obnoxious, I waited in the lobby to see if any of the carts would magically appear. Around 7 am the carts that had been missing all night started to arrive and sure enough they had indeed spent the night in a room. It irritates me that some people just don't give a damn about inconveniencing others, even when confronted the majority couldn't understand why I was irked, some were embarassed and apologetic but for the most part the majority felt it was their right to hog the carts. Sorry for the long rant. but it does feel better to have it off my chest!

Donna January 27th, 2010 09:27 AM

Hi 2,
That would also be a gripe of mine if I encountered that problem. What is so hard about returning the cart?? Again, no thought to others....Don't blame you a bit.

katlady January 27th, 2010 09:37 AM

They have trolleys for your bags at hotels??? I have never seen one.:roll: Just kidding.

I agree with you. We did use a trolley at a Huntington Beach hotel when we were done my hubby took it back to the lobby. Guess what people were waiting for the trolley. If you have the Shoe suitcase having the trolley is important. I think people don't bring then back at night so they can use it the next day to take the bags back down to the car. It's very rude.:mad:

Kimbopolo January 27th, 2010 09:44 AM

Unbelievable!

These are the same folks, no doubt, who leave a grocery cart right next to your car rather than returning it to the cart park 10 paces away.

Donna January 27th, 2010 12:26 PM

Most likely, the same ones that save those precious lounge charis on the pool deck....

Fern January 27th, 2010 08:00 PM

It would never have occured to us to keep a luggage cart in our room... until now :D:D:D!

Besides the people who don't return their shopping carts, these are the same ones who park in handicapped parking spots for "just a minute", or those who book a handicapped room on a cruise because it's bigger :mad:.

Donna January 27th, 2010 08:44 PM

Fern,
For that matter, they also park in the fire lane just to run into bank or pick up one thing....Come on, park the car and walk in..

katlady January 29th, 2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbopolo (Post 1270437)
Unbelievable!

These are the same folks, no doubt, who leave a grocery cart right next to your car rather than returning it to the cart park 10 paces away.

Now you have hit on my biggest pet peeve. I hate it when people don't put their grocery carts away in the correct place. :mad:

DayvidB January 29th, 2010 03:16 PM

I just can’t believe that people are so "me me me" that they would actually keep a luggage cart in their room with them overnight. Hope they went to the loo and tripped over it during the night, would serve them right

Thanks for confirming my suspicions of the lengths some people will go to, as we don’t live in a society,,,,we live in a world of me me me and amongst others that just happen to breath the same air.

And it looks like it’s going to get worse with this attitude, luggage trolleys in bedrooms, what next? Maybe they will start taking the hotel floor fire extinguisher into their room,,,, just in case a fire breaks out when they happen to be there.

These selfish Bhstards have got to be stopped

Trip January 29th, 2010 06:20 PM

We had this happen to us in the old Amerisuites, now, Hilton Place in Lauderdale...The desk told us they only had a couple anyway, so I guess guests got upset, and kept it hostage...lots of unhappy people!