Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Cruise Line Web Sites?

I am on the Celebrity Web site right now - and they dont have a enu item that says "ships"

http://www.celebritycruises.com/

I want to look up one of their ships and I have no idea where to go.

Which cruise line web sites do you like or hate?
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Hi Paul, and yes, yhey've done a good job of hiding it, but try

Caribbean Cruise Vacations, Cruise Deals, Port Excursions & More | Celebrity Cruises

or if that fails, try under 'Plan a Cruise', and then 'Ships'

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey

Last edited by kandajones; July 24th, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I know - I found it. I just think that is dumb. Its like having a car dealer ship with no link to the "2010 models"

Whichcruise line web sites bug you the most.

I find Crystal to be prtty confusing - have you looked at their loyalty program links?

You get a new upgrade everytime you take another cruise. And once again the "brochure prices" is there really such a thing anymore?
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

I'm training at searching the internet so I can find what I'm looking for. But I have to say I can understand why people come on this website to ask questions it is difficult to find answers on the cruise line websites. For example smoking in your cabins. Which cruise lines allow it? I dare anyone to check Royal, Carnival, Princess, and Celebrities websites and tell me where that information is. Is it easy to find? or do you have to search each site for 20 minutes.

What about other opinions for babies that are not potty trained. Royal, Carnival, and Disney all have water parks on the ships can you tell me if toddlers in swim diapers are allow in the water park area. I know they are not allowed in the pool. For me personally I did not need the answers to these questions. But these are some of the questions I have tried to answer for new cruisers on this board. It was not easy to find the answer on the cruise line's website. I don't know why they do that.

Also Carnival offer bottles for alcohol (Rum, Vodka, etc) for sell that you can buy and they will be waiting in your cabin. There is not price list or information for this on there website you have to call the Bon Voyage Department directly. What is the point of that?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Royal Caribbean also hides their list of ships under the "Plan A Cruise" tab. But my current complaint with RCI is that weeks after they announced it, a Shrek "special announcement" window is still swinging by a rope down into their homepage blocking many tabs and requiring me to close it before proceeding. Very annoying.

NCL's site can be annoying depending on the question you enter in the search box. Often you will get answers which are user generated, like this forum. I just typed "cabin" in the NCL "I'm Searching For..." window and got these answers, which are anecdotal. The top hit is a cruise review about the Norwegian Pearl!
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Royal Caribbean has pictures of Shrek and friends - live video, running through Central Park and the Boardwalk on Oasis, but they are not scheduled to be on Oasis until next March. (where did the pictires come from? I asked, a promo shoot).

As far as smoking, potty training and alcohol rules - yes, you have to seach through the FAQ to find your answers. It isnt easy.