CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Whats for dinner in the Main DR? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/379341-whats-dinner-main-dr.html)

Block January 9th, 2011 10:04 PM

Whats for dinner in the Main DR?

Okay so Ncl has how long you must wait to get into the main dining room...But what about the menu for dinner...why not post it on the Tv first thing in the AM..o I can plan my day. Not 20 minutes before the dining room opens and I realize its Indian food night ( sorry NOT for me..NO thank you) and its to late to get something else?
Same goes for lunch

I haven't cruised in over a year maybe it has changed?

Trip January 9th, 2011 10:15 PM

I was on the Epic in November and, ate in both of the main dining rooms. No where on any menu, did it dictate a certain type of food. Do you really need to know before you eat breakfast,what you will eat for dinner?:rolleyes:

What ship were you on?

Lakers Fan January 9th, 2011 10:19 PM

I for one never want to see a menu in advance .

Mike M January 9th, 2011 11:50 PM

The menus are displayed outside the dining room each day. You can stroll by and take a look and make your decision based on what's on the menu. My wife and I do this all the time when we are onboard.

Take care,
Mike

LisaK January 10th, 2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1341281)
The menus are displayed outside the dining room each day. You can stroll by and take a look and make your decision based on what's on the menu. My wife and I do this all the time when we are onboard.

Take care,
Mike

we do this also

Donna January 10th, 2011 10:17 AM

The evening's dinner menu is usually posted early afternoon, when lunch is over. I sometimes like to take a look and see what the main choices are and then decide about dinner... It is also nice to be suprised and just wait...

anniegb January 10th, 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1341281)

Take care,
Mike

I do this too but I do understand where the OP is coming from.

The kitchen know in advance what they are cooking - where is the harm releasing the same info.

I have several food allergies e.g. peanuts and seafood. I don't make a big deal about it - I just like to see the menus in advance so I know what to avoid and make alternative arrangements if necessary.

Annie

Block January 10th, 2011 02:19 PM

Sorry. I'm just relaxing on vacation and I don't need a chore of walking to the DR to plan on eating dinner there. Why can't it be on the Am news letter or on the TV ??? Not really difficult. Alot more use to me than a towel animal.

Trip January 10th, 2011 02:47 PM

We don't make it a point to go see the menu, but, if we are inte vicinity of the dr, during our day, Hubby is interested he'll take a look see. On the Epic this was easy to do.