CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Friends don't let friends ... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/380691-friends-dont-let-friends.html)

green_rd February 23rd, 2011 08:00 AM

Friends don't let friends ...
 
... wear sleeveless t-shirts (men).

Guys unless your guns are so big that a t-shirt confines your biceps don't wear a sleeveless t-shirt.

Mike M February 23rd, 2011 08:37 AM

I guess my friends have let me down. :D I have a "few" sleeveless t-shirts that I wear at the pool or beach.

I would say: Friends don't let friends remove their gratuities.

I was going to say "tips" but that just sounded weird. ;)

Take care,
Mike

Trip February 23rd, 2011 08:44 AM

Friends don't let friends do crazy things on their balconies...

Mike M February 23rd, 2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1354586)
Friends don't let friends do crazy things on their balconies...

Or at least they take pictures. :D

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine February 23rd, 2011 09:26 AM

Friends don't let friends wear speedos.

Trip February 23rd, 2011 09:29 AM

Friends don't let friends order Ranch Steak on RCI.:rolleyes:

Lakers Fan February 23rd, 2011 09:31 AM

Friends don't let friends drive in NYC traffic

green_rd February 23rd, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moiraine (Post 1354603)
Friends don't let friends wear speedos.

Wear inappropriate swimwear - male or female

Trackypup February 23rd, 2011 01:50 PM

Friends don't let Friends Drink White Zinfandel.

johnthed0g February 23rd, 2011 06:13 PM

We LIKE White Zinfandel, a refreshing drink! Now what friends do is tell friends about RED Zinfandel....another story altogether!

Trackypup February 23rd, 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1354767)
We LIKE White Zinfandel, a refreshing drink! Now what friends do is tell friends about RED Zinfandel....another story altogether!

Zinfandel shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as White Zin....horrid stuff.

johnthed0g February 23rd, 2011 06:58 PM

What is horrid about it? nice summer drink, not a quality wine but a pleasant drink. We also like Reisling, Alsace, Loire type wines. We don't like these uber dry wines that taste like medicine.

Trackypup February 23rd, 2011 08:21 PM

Nothing wrong with Riesling and I love wines from the Alsace and Loire. White Zin is alcoholic sweetened drink, it shouldn't be classified as a wine ;) now a lovely French Rose is a whole other species. Branch out, you're in the UK, you have great access to french rose.

LisaK February 24th, 2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1354575)
... wear sleeveless t-shirts (men).

Guys unless your guns are so big that a t-shirt confines your biceps don't wear a sleeveless t-shirt.

and why is that?

Moiraine February 24th, 2011 10:26 AM

.................eat pizza for breakfast.

johnthed0g February 24th, 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1354794)
Nothing wrong with Riesling and I love wines from the Alsace and Loire. White Zin is alcoholic sweetened drink, it shouldn't be classified as a wine ;) now a lovely French Rose is a whole other species. Branch out, you're in the UK, you have great access to french rose.

Branch out? rather arrogant to assume that we have not already tried things & decided what we like & don't like. We don't like sour sharp wines & can't see any pleasure in drinking something that sucks your cheeks in. Apart from one or two we think all reds are the same. Demi-sec Champagne is more to our taste than Brut. One thing however a wine consumed with food is a different animal to one just for drinking.

Lakers Fan February 24th, 2011 10:58 AM

"Friends don't let friends eat quiche"

Trackypup February 24th, 2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1354942)
Branch out? rather arrogant to assume that we have not already tried things & decided what we like & don't like. We don't like sour sharp wines & can't see any pleasure in drinking something that sucks your cheeks in. Apart from one or two we think all reds are the same. Demi-sec Champagne is more to our taste than Brut. One thing however a wine consumed with food is a different animal to one just for drinking.

John, really, arrogant? I even own the T-shirt that says Friends don't let friends drink White Zin...it's a well known saying and every winery in Napa sells it. I really couldn't G.A.S. what you drink. You really don't have to take everything so seriously.

anniegb February 24th, 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1354955)
John, really, arrogant? I even own the T-shirt that says Friends don't let friends drink White Zin...it's a well known saying and every winery in Napa sells it. I really couldn't G.A.S. what you drink. You really don't have to take everything so seriously.

Trackypup, great expression - I really couldn't G.A.S. ......
must try and remember that.:)

On the wine front, I order direct from an Italian vineyard. Italian wines are my favourite.

Annie

johnthed0g February 24th, 2011 11:56 AM

It is arrogant to assume what other people have or have not experienced..."branch out, try French Rose", because we LIKE white Zin & PREFER it to rose it is not due to ignorance just experience. Seriously? I'm not the one with teeshirt telling other people what they should or should not drink, wine snobbery I would say.

Trackypup February 24th, 2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1354967)
It is arrogant to assume what other people have or have not experienced..."branch out, try French Rose", because we LIKE white Zin & PREFER it to rose it is not due to ignorance just experience. Seriously? I'm not the one with teeshirt telling other people what they should or should not drink, wine snobbery I would say.

Ah, but you take great pride in telling other people what they should wear :) :p:p Not much difference if you ask me.

However, I'm really greatful that we're having this discussion on wine and I'm not having to defend the Speedo comment :twisted::twisted:

Paul Motter February 24th, 2011 01:27 PM

TrackyPup and JohnTheDog - play nice.

LisaK February 24th, 2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1354990)
TrackyPup and JohnTheDog - play nice.

my thoughts exactly, play nice

LisaK February 24th, 2011 01:40 PM

we don't mind a good hearted banter back and forth we actually encourage that, just be aware thats all.

ROCKETLADY44 February 27th, 2011 03:00 PM

to see people treat the employees badly. I saw a bunch of college kids laughing at one of the employees for dropping some glasses and broke them. They really looked down on him.
I was on another deck or I would of helped him pick up the pieces. I am not proud.

Some feel like they have the right to take advantage of the employees and never bother to tip them for their hard work.

OldFartCruiser March 4th, 2011 11:06 PM

Friends don't let friends argue about wines.

Manuel August 1st, 2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKETLADY44 (Post 1355808)
to see people treat the employees badly. I saw a bunch of college kids laughing at one of the employees for dropping some glasses and broke them. They really looked down on him.
I was on another deck or I would of helped him pick up the pieces. I am not proud.

.

Those kids will learn their lesson. When they finish college they will probably be waiting on tables.

TM

Paul Motter August 1st, 2011 11:19 AM

Well, I see poeple at the guests relations desk getting verbal abuse all the time...

"Is that how you run this company...? My husband was in toilets for 40 years and not a single one he ever sold ever backed up on him..."

momofmeg August 7th, 2011 02:37 PM

For the most part-people do what they want to do- we need to remember everyone has their own opinions-and just because a friend's differs from mine-does not mean they are not my friend. As long as they are not suicidal-I say let friends do what they want.

For example- I was one of those diehards -no jeans for dinner on cruises when jeans were not on the suggested wear list. Friends that cruised with us knew how I felt but felt differently and they wore their jeans. It did not make them any less of a friend.

The same goes for muscle shirts and speedos-they are not my personal taste and I may voice that to friends and ask my hubby please not-but beyond that-none of my business.

Manuel November 28th, 2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moiraine (Post 1354939)
.................eat pizza for breakfast.

I have had pizza for breakfast. :D ( quite a few years ago ) :)

TM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1