CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Need advice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/401275-need-advice.html)

jason.link1 March 7th, 2014 02:00 AM

Need advice

American airlines redone my flight and assigned me In front of a bassinet. Should I change my seat? :(

green_rd March 7th, 2014 08:45 AM

Sure, when they chand your flight you can feel free to change your seat.

I didn't know their where planes with bassinets.

Donna March 7th, 2014 09:21 AM

You should have the option on their web-site to change seat location...

seadog2 March 7th, 2014 12:53 PM

American Airlines is notorious for changing flights, flight times and seats. They have done this to us many times. My wife sometimes get airsick and she needs a window seat. One time they changed our seats which were together and placed me on one end of the plane and her on the other. If the new assignment isn't good for you then by all means change it. Let them know.

Dave Beers March 7th, 2014 02:09 PM

Some models of Boeing 747, 757, 767 and 777 have 'bassinet' rows. They are rows of seats with a bassinet in front of them for people traveling with babies - usually long distance flights, i.e. international.

jason.link1 March 7th, 2014 05:58 PM

the reason I spend the extra money for choice extra is that I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and it is my first time in a plane. I was thinking about switching both flights the one to Miami to get in at 11:50 am instead of 1:10 pm and take a latter flight that leaves at 3 pm on the back.

Donna March 7th, 2014 08:26 PM

Sounds like those flights would work well, try to change them without cost to you, since they changed the one you booked in the first place??

jason.link1 March 14th, 2014 06:13 PM

I found that I can save $50 flying out of DBQ to ORD then ORD to MIA and upgrade to first class for the main flight. That is factoring in gas, parking, food and tolls.

Donna March 14th, 2014 07:56 PM

Hope the connecting flights in ORD work for you, plus you save $50...nice....BTW, what airport is DBQ?

jason.link1 March 14th, 2014 11:39 PM

The connecting flight does work. I just need more information on first class. It just overwhelmed with air travel. Driving I am used to but flying is new to me.

jason.link1 March 14th, 2014 11:43 PM

DBQ IS for Dubuque regional airport; It is the closest airport to me. It saves me 4 hours of driving.

Paul Motter March 15th, 2014 12:26 PM

Flying is complicated - just be sure to factor in the time it takes to get to the airport AND to get to your plane. Security can easily take 30 minutes - even an hour, although that would be a bit unusual.

You will even have to go through security twice if you are flying international, because you have to clear customs on your first landing in the US. In Europe, you never know but it is not uncommon that you have to go through security to change wings at the airport.

Always leave at least 90 minutes is my advice. I have made it on less (60 minutes) but it can be a matter of luck. I have also missed planes due to too short layover times.

jason.link1 March 15th, 2014 05:23 PM

It is about 2 hours layover

Paul Motter March 17th, 2014 01:33 PM

2 hours is a good, safe amount of time - where is your layover?

jason.link1 March 20th, 2014 12:02 AM

ORD both ways

Paul Motter March 20th, 2014 01:43 PM

You will be fine, and not at all likely that you will have to go through security twice. That generally only happens on international flight layovers.