Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2003, 02:20 AM
Beginner

Default MS Viking Pride Aug

Anyone scheduled to ride the MS Viking Pride in August from Nuremberg to Budapest?

Just booked it this week.
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:38 PM
DianaA

Default Re: MS Viking Pride Aug

We're going on this trip in October. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks, Diana
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Lynncruiser

Default Re: Re: MS Viking Pride Aug

I'm thinking of this trip in November, just called and rooms are available. Natch, it will be cold then. I'm watching the specials, did you find prices reasonable? I have not done a river cruise before, it seems like a lot of money compared to when I get a bargain on a cruise ship and wish it was less. Did you consider the different rooms or location? Thanks, Lynn
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:27 PM
DianaA

Default Re: Re: Re: MS Viking Pride Aug

We initially received an eMail with reduced rates for November sailings. We needed a cruise for Oct 18 so we didn't get the Nov reduction but did get about $700 off price with airline listed on the Viking web site. I called the agent we use for Caribbean cruises and she couldn't meet this price.

It is somewhat higher than what we pay for an ocean cruise but the sightseeing is included.

We have taken river cruises in China and on the Nile and the 'sights' were the reason for the cruise. The ships, food, rooms were fine but there was minimal entertainment or space to 'walk' the ship.

I'm hoping the European sights are as interesting as those in China and Egypt.

Regards, Diana
Old September 25th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Lynncruiser

Thanks Diana, appreciate the info.

I also have been watching the email prices and find itís so hard to know what is a good buy. Plus, this would be my first trip as a single, my husband recently passed away, and they want to charge double the price. It really removes any incentive! Maybe this is not so unusual but is just the first time Iíve encountered this. I would be interested if on your cruise you could find out how full the ship is, or if there are any empty rooms? I have asked if they ever make concessions closer to cruise time and she said no.

Did you choose a particular room or category? My daughter lives in Germany and this trip would let me see some areas Iíve missed and then get to visit her for a while. October should be a lovely time for you.

I agree, I am looking at this trip for the outdoors and the walking rather than the ship type activities on larger cruise ships. I thought the smaller towns you stop at would be wonderful for walking and sightseeing, and then just walk or read in the evenings. Thanks for the info. Lynn
Old September 26th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Brennan Raab

If you are planning a cruise in Europe any time soon, you better check the water levels. Viking Cruise Line is telling us that the cruise for this coming week will not be a cruise but a Bus Ride.

Yes Bus Ride. There is no water so they figured they will just Bus the passengers around.

I bet you are wondering about $ compenasation. Forget it. They basically told us that they had our money and if we had a problem with it talk to them afterwards, but they will give us 25% off on the next cruise. After being bused through Europe, do you think I want to go on another cruise with Viking.