Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Don Williams

Default Danube to the black sea

My wife and I are due to take the above cruise out of Vienna on Oct 6. Any advise on what to expect? And past cruisers with infomation about water levels? We have use Viking River Cruises before and found them very accomodation, and pleasent trips.
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: Danube to the black sea

I don't have any advice for you Don, but I sure hope that you post a report when you return. We are past Viking cruisers and are planning on taking that same trip next year. Have a great time!
Old August 25th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Don and Gary: My husband and I took this cruise June 24-July 12. At the time, the Danube was somewhat low, but we made it to the Black Sea and back to Vienna. I know some of the later trips had problems, but hopefully, the river will be back to normal water levels soon.

The trip was wonderful!!! We had never been to any of the cities on the itinerary before, so it was all new to us. Especially noteworthy (Vienna and Budapest excepted) was the overnight trip to Transylvania. Bran Castle was wonderful and Peles Castle was a jewel. Also outstanding, the rock formations in Belogradschick and the Nativity Church in Arbanassi. And sailing through the gorges of the Iron Gate -- spectacular! Don't forget your binoculars for bird watching along the river.

Viking did a great job, as usual. The food was fabulous, the staff terrifc. And our fellow passengers were the best. (We were thrilled to meet up with Shirley from this message board upon our arrival at the Viking Europe and we're already looking forward to next year's trip, hopefully with some of our new river cruise friends.)

If you have any specific questions about this itinerary, I'd be glad to answer them. Mimi
Old December 13th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Detlef Luehrsen

I was on the MS Viking Europe voyage from 5 to 23 August, 2003. Any traveller who complained about the treatment after Novi Sad and did, or did not receive compensation, is kindly invited to contact me. Thank you.
Old December 13th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Detlef Luehrsen

I was on the MS Viking Europe voyage from 5 to 23 August, 2003. Any traveller who complained about the treatment after Novi Sad and did, or did not receive compensation, is kindly invited to contact me. Thank you.