Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Mans

Default XMas Market Cruise-Viking Danube

We are scheduled to sail the Dec 13 cruise - Nuremburg-Vienna with 3 night prior stay in Prague. We've been reading good & not-so-good things about these river cruises. Some say Danube was fine on their sailing - others not very positive about their experiences. I'm with the majority who DO NOT WANT TO SIT ON A BUS every day.
Is anyone else booked on this cruise?? Viking told me that Dec 20 & 28th cruises were already cancelled but that ours was "cruising" - any inside info?? I'm not sure I want to book my clients with a cruise company that is not honest & aboveboard with their travel agents & customers. That disturbs me more than anything. Any info you mates might share on this or your Danube cruises between now & December would be appreciated.
Happy sailing.
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:45 AM
JerryM

Default Re: XMas Market Cruise-Viking Danube

Wife & I are booked on the Vienna-Nuremburg cruise the week before your trip. We have considered a combo cruise from Berlin to Prague followed with the Vienna/Black Sea trip sometime in 2004. How will you be getting from Prague to Vienna? Viking has told us they will not assist us getting from Prague to Vienna.

Thanks
Old November 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
JerryM

Sorry. I intended my previous post for a different thread. I apoligize.
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:16 PM
First Mate

We are booked on the Viking cruise Dec. 14 from Nuremberg to Vienna. We've never been to Europe before and would love to hear any advice from seasoned river cruisers. We've cruised on the big lines (Princess, Carnival, and Norwegian) and don't exactly know what to expect or what to pack. Do we need to take dress clothes? Our last cruise on Norwegian, from Baltimore to Bar Harbor, Nova Scotia and Quebec City the middle of this past October was SO BAD that we got off the ship in Quebec City, rented a car and flew home from Montreal. The Norwegian Crown was horrible. We expect Viking to be a refreshing experience after that.

Thanks
Old July 30th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Myrna

Default Re: Re: XMas Market Cruise-Viking Danube

I am plenning the same trip this November 2004 as you took last year. I am interested
in your thoughts from that trip.
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Sharleen Pearl

Just wanted to see how your Dec. Christmas Market cruise went. I am planning the same trip this Dec 5. Would love to hear your comments. Thanks