Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 07:19 PM
DianaA

Default Returned From Romantic Danube

My husband and I just returned from the Oct 19-26 Viking Romantic Danube. We reached every port planned and the crew was terrific. There were a couple of small changes but they did not interfere with our enjoyment of the trip. It was very cold... but I don't think we can blame that on Viking. I'll include more info later.
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Lynncruiser

Default Re: Returned From Romantic Danube

Oh Diane, thank you for your message!!! I am so GLAD your trip was a success, am so happy for you!

If you want to even email any quick notes that are abbreviated I hope you will do so. I promise I wonít hold you accountable for spelling or lack of clarity- laughing, but appreciating whatever you take the time for. I well know what itís like when you return from a trip and all there is to do - plus return to work or whatever. I will be leaving November 12 for Budapest and hope youíll have a chance to give me an update.

My daughter, living in Dusseldorf, says it has been very cold, apparently unusually so, and was snowing when we spoke on the weekend. Last year it was cold after Thanksgiving when I arrived but not icy till a week or so later when puddles were frozen over. Many days I just wore my jacket and didn't use scarf or gloves till that later part. If anyone else here is leaving in the cold months Iíll be happy to pass on info on keeping warm, and this from a Southern California girl! I have learned my lesson! First time my daughter and I went to England and Germany in the winter it was also a very cold winter, snowed in London and countryside, and I thought heavy was good so took thick sweatshirts and FROZE! I learned!

Any side excursions you chose you liked a lot? Thanks again, and so very glad for your successful trip. Lynn
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear your trip went well. Thanks for taking the time to give us an update!
Old November 2nd, 2003, 09:41 PM
First Mate

Leaving Nov. 9 on Vienna to Nuremburg cruise. Any news on water levels?