Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Pam Kelly

Default July 25-Aug 8 Amsterdam to Budapest

If anybody is going to be on this cruise, please feel free to contact me at ppk347@aol.com. We are going and would like to chat with others before the trip.
Pam and Danny
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: July 25-Aug 8 Amsterdam to Budapest

How was your trip? I would be interested in seeing a trip report as I am leaving for the Antwerp to Basel itinerary in about 5 weeks on Grand Circle. What boat were you on? Did you have any problems with low water? Clarence
Old August 12th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Hi: I would love to see your trip report as well, since the Amerstdam to Budapest itinerary is next on my list. Please e-mail me at loum140@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!
Old August 15th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Vicki Nish

Yes indeed, please tell us how your trip was. I will be taking it in October and am eager for a review.
Thanks
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:33 PM
Cathy Shortridge

Hi Pam,
I was looking up some info an came across your message. We are leaving on the same cruise on Aug 29th and was wondering what insight you could pass on to me regarding the trip. I hope you had a wonderful time. We are going with a big group including our daughters who are in their 20's. I would sure appreciate whatever information you could give me.
Thank you,
Cathy
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:56 PM
Passenger

I know that you addressed your request to Pam and I hope that you won't mind me adding my two cents worth. We did the same itinerary two years ago on a Grand Circle ship and it was marvelous! You will have a wonderful time. We are leaving on September 21 for another river trip from Antwerp to Basel and have been watching the water levels in the rivers. You can see that information at http://www.wetteronline.de/pegel/pegelkarte.htm . Just pick your river in the left column. You must convert from cm to feet for it to be meaningful. Most river boats require about 5 feet of water beneath them. The Viking boats that we saw looked magnificent. My advice? Just be sure that you have comfortable shoes as you will do a lot of walking. Bon voyage! Clarence
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Pam Kelly

Default Re: Re: July 25-Aug 8 Amsterdam to Budapest

We had a fantastic time on our river cruise. However, we were very lucky the water level was low and we were told that we were the last cruise ship to get all the way through from Amsterdam to Budapest. The ship was beautiful, the cabins had more storage room than any of the larger ships we've been on. The crew of the Viking were great. Would do it again! If you have more quesitons email at ppk347@aol.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Pam
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Pam Kelly

Kathy,
Sorry I didn't get your question until today 8/29, I've been out of town since our river cruise. We had a fantastic time on our river cruise. However, we were very lucky the water level was low and we were told that we were the last cruise ship to get all the way through from Amsterdam to Budapest. The ship was beautiful, the cabins had more storage room than any of the larger ships we've been on. The crew of the Viking were great. Would do it again! If you have more quesitons email at ppk347@aol.com and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Pam
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Pam Kelly

Clarence,
Thanks for juming in and giving a response. Hope you're having a wonderful trip.
Pam