Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:07 PM
GLENN GLICK

Default RUSSIAN RIVER BOAT

WE WENT ON A BRENDAN RUSSIAN RIVER BOAT CRUISE. WE WENT ON THEVLADIMIR MAYAKOVSKI BOAT. IT WAS FROM MOSCOW TO ST. PETERSBURG.
IT WAS A DISASTER. WE WERE PICKED UP AT MOSCOW, IT WAS RAINING. THE CAR THAT THEY CAME IN WAS A SMALL COMPACT. THE LUGGAGE GOT WET. THEY PUT 1 PIECE OF THE LUGGAGE IN THE TRUNK. 1 PIECE IN THE BACK SEAT BETWEEN US. THEY TOLD US TO HOLD THE WET CARRY ON LUGGAGE ON OUR LAP. WHEN WE GOT TO THE BOAT THE GUIDE DISAPEARED LEAVING US ON OUR OWN.. AFTER AN AFTER NOON MEAL ABOUT 1/2 THE PASSENGERS GOT SICK FROM FOOD POISONING. WE MISED THE ISLAND OF KIZZHI BECAUSE THE BOAT HAD TO BE INSECTED BY A HEALTH DEPT. DOCTOR. WHEN WE WENT TO THE ARMORY, WE HAD TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR, BECAUSE THE TOUR GUIDE HAD FORGOT TO GET THE TICKETS.. THE TRAVEL GUIDES WERE NOT HELPFUL, AND THE TRIP WAS A DSIASTER.
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: RUSSIAN RIVER BOAT

I suppose this is not a Viking River Cruises ship
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:15 AM
GLENN GLICK

Default Re: Re: RUSSIAN RIVER BOAT

DUTCHE
THIS DEFINTLY NOT A VIKING CRUISE.
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BRENDAN CRUISE.
BRENDAN LET US DOWN BY SENDING US ON THIS CRUISE.
THE GUIDES WERE GLOBAL RIVERBOAT TOURS.
BRENDAN DIDN'T APOLOGIZE FOR THIS.
I HAVE CHECKED WITH TYE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND
FOUND OUT THAT BRENDAN HAS A UNSATISFATORY RATING
WISH I HAD DONE THAT BEFOR BOOKING WITH BRENDAN
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Passenger

Sorry to hear you had bad experience with Brendan.

But I am happy now, because it is not Viking, but i thought so, because I know Viking have marvellous, service. I know if the tourguide you mentioned, behave on the save manner on Viking Ships, I know this would be his/her last day.

And if Taxi driver not behave themself, Viking will even complain by the Taxi Company for you. I hope you will choose Viking for a future cruises, be Viking a guest, or better a Frequent Viking Passenger.
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Passenger

So sorry to hear of your bad experience with Brendan. We have signed up for the June 10,2005 cruise in the same area. When did you go? Perhaps it was a first cruise for them. Hopefully, things will have improved by the time we go. Would appreciate hearing any other comments you care to make about that cruise--anything positive??
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:11 PM
GLENN GLICK

Default Re: Re: RUSSIAN RIVER BOAT

WE WENT ON THE CRUISE JUNE 8 2004. IF YOU ARE GOING ON A CRUISE I HOPE IT IS NOT WITH BRENDAN. BRENDAN DOES NOT HAVE GUIDES OF THEIR OWN BUT PUTS YOU ON WITH GUIDES FROM A DIFFERENT COMPANY. THE FOOD WAS VERY POOR AND WAS NOTEVEN SERVED ATTRACTIVE.IT WAS JUST AN ALL AROUND CHEAPER POOR TRIP.
wE OPTED NOT TO GO ON TRE PALACE TOUR. WE WERE LEFT ON OUR OWN AT THE BOAT DOCK WAY OUT OF TOWN. WHEN I ASKED IF WE HAD A BUS TO TAKE US TO TOWN OR SOMEPLACE WE WERE TOLD THE ONLY WAY TO TOWN WAS TO TAKE THE TROLLEY. i ASKED WHERE WE GOT THE TROLLEY THE GUIDE SAID TO GO UP THE STREET A COUPLE BLOCKS AND THE TROLLEY WAS THERE. WE WENT A COUPLE BLOCKS AND THERE WE FOUND A SUBWAY STATION,WITH LOTS OIF TRACKS GOING IN DIFFERENTDIRECTIONS. EVERY THING WAS IN RUSSIAN AND NO ONE SPEAKING ENGLISH AND WE DIDN'T KNOW WHICH WAY DOWNTOWN WAS.
BEFORE IN THE MORNING I ASKED THE GUIDE IF SHE HAD A MAP AND TROLLEY SYSTEM MAP . SHE SAID SHE WOULD GET ME ONE. SHE DID THE NEXT DAY WHEN WE WERE ON ANOTHER BUS SIGHTSEEING TOUR THE DAY WAS LOST.THEY ADVERTISED ALL MEALS ON BOARD, BUT FOR LUNCH WE WERE GIVEN BAG LUNCHES,FOR US TO EAT ON THE BUS TOURS.
i DID ENJOY THE MOSCOW CIRCUS AND THE KOSSOCK DANCE SHOW.
aFTER I GOT HOME AND COMPLAINED TO BRENDAN ABOUT THE TRANSFER FROM THE AIRPORT AND THE WET LUGGAGE ON OUR LAP, THEIR REPLY WAS "WELL YOU GOT TO THE BOAT DIDN'T YOU?"
I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TRIP AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR HOW YOU TRIPIS.
i HOPE IT WITH SOME OTHER BOAT AND COMPANY THAN BRENDAN.
I TALKED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT WAS ON THE VIKING BOATS AND THEY SAID THEY WERE TREATED VERY GOOD.
GLENN
Old November 23rd, 2005, 06:40 AM
Passenger

Default Misunderstood

I am not sure if you understood what i meant, but i know that was not it.