Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Jim & Joanne

Default Viking Spirit

Just got home from the Budapest to Amsterdam on board the Spirit. Will be happy to anwer any questions you may have if you are planning on this trip. Wonderful experience! May have been the best trip so far!
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Nancy & Jim

Default Re: Viking Spirit

We're taking the Viking Neptune from Budapest
to Amsterdam in September and have a few questions:
1. What time is the ship available to board and what time
did it sail?
2. What were the optional excursions
3. What were the high (and low) points of the trip
4. If you could do it over again what would you
do differently
5. What was the earliest time that you could disembark
in Amsterdam

Thanks much. We are greatly looking
forward to the trip and want to get as much as
we can.

Jim and Nancy
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:42 AM
Andrea B

Default Re: Viking Spirit

We're considering the Vienna to Nuremberg cruise in November or December. Do you have any opinion on the differences between the room categories? Obviously the lowest category room is a different layout, but I don't know what the advantages are to a Category A or B versus C or D.

Thanks,
Andrea
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Shirley B

Default Re: Re: Viking Spirit

Dear Andrea~~

A and B cabins both have large picture windows that open. The only difference between the two categories is that A's are on the top deck and B's are one deck below. I actually prefer B's, because they have cabins above them and below them, while the A's have an open deck above them.

C and D cabins are identical to A and B, except that they have large picture windows that don't open.

Since you are travelling during the late fall/winter season, you might not have any need to open windows!

I do recommend that you go in December, rather than in November. There are more Christmas markets open in December!

Bon voyage,
Shirley Binder
Cruises...and more
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Viking Spirit

We have been considering a Viking trip. How large is the ship ? Is it smaller than the large carribean ships ? It just sounds so much more exotic and different. i am glad you tried it and had a great time, we may all be picking your brain, thanks in advance, Kristine
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Shirley Binder

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Viking Spirit

Dear Kristine~~

Most of Viking's ships accommodate only 150 passengers, like most ships that sail on river itineraries rather than visiting ports along the Mediterranean, Atlantic, Pacific, etc. The brand new Viking Sun, which sails between Basel, Switzerland and Antwerp, Belgium, accommodates 198 guests. Viking's China cruises accommodate 300 passengers.

While all the cabins on Viking's cruises are outside cabins, every cabin has a balcony on Viking's ships in China.

Please write to me directly if you have further questions, as I access my email regularly.

Bon voyage,
Shirley B
Cruises...and more
shibin4cruises@aol.com
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Beginner

Default Thinking about taking this cruise

I am interested in asking you some questions about taking this cuise thanks
Old June 11th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Beginner

Hi. We are planning a trip in July on the Viking Europe from Nuremburg to Budapest on the Danube River. Our information states that the Captain's dinner and last night are dressy. Does this mean a jacket for my husband?It also states that some side trips are optional and I thought they were all included. Did you find this to be a problem?
Old June 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Beginner

"Formal" nights on Viking River aren't exactly formal. Most men wear at least a collared, long-sleeve shirt. Many wear ties or jackets. Few wear both.

They offer a handful of optional excursions -- usually to art museums or similar entities that not everyone wants to do. There is at least one shore excursion every day that's included. The "optional" ones are in addition to the included ones.
Old June 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Beginner

"Formal" nights on Viking River aren't exactly formal. Most men wear at least a collared, long-sleeve shirt. Many wear ties or jackets. Few wear both.

They offer a handful of optional excursions -- usually to art museums or similar entities that not everyone wants to do. There is at least one shore excursion every day that's included. The "optional" ones are in addition to the included ones.
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Beginner

Would love to have you email me. We have just booked this trip for next April. dpump@aol.com