CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Viking River Cruises (
-   -   Amsterdam/Budapest on the Pride (

Mary M October 13th, 2006 02:23 PM

Amsterdam/Budapest on the Pride
We just booked an Amsterdam/Budapest cruise on the Pride for September 16, 2007. Any thoughts on whether it's important to purchase the cruise insurance offered? It's over $1,000

SoCalGal October 30th, 2006 01:51 PM

Trip Insurance
Seems steep to me. Does that include trip cancellation/interruption and medical? I'd check your health insurance policy first to see if they cover overseas (my Blue Cross policy covers overseas), and if so just purchase trip cancellation only. We also have an American Express travel policy that runs about $189.00 per year pp. It covers any medical that Blue Cross doesn't cover, emergency flight home and/or trip cancellation, etc. We are looking at the same cruise for the summer of 2008....looks like a wonderful itinerary.

cruisematey1 November 14th, 2006 09:04 AM

The price of you insurance is way to high.

You can purchase the top travel insurance, TravelGuard, from the tour company we purchased ours from.

They even gave us a discount, when the other companies would not.

There name is DB Tours at 803-781-7866. They have been in business for over 40 yrs and are very knowlegable.

Mary M November 17th, 2006 08:58 PM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. As it turned out, we went thru a TA and she was able to obtain travel insurance for the two of us for $817. This covers everything, including airfare from Los Angeles. Unfortunately, our secondary Blue Cross policy does not cover overseas travel.