Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Familiar Face

Default Handicap accessible river cruise

There is a new boat called Allegra for people in wheelchair. I have not taken this cruise yet but plan in near future. The company that arranges this cruise is in UK and I believe it's called accessible travel. But will confirm more and post it's numbers
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The new Viking River Longboats I just returned from seeing are handicapped capable.

They have elevators and restrooms with automatic doors - in public areas.

I would not go in winter (when there are ice conditions). but a summer cruise should be fine.

As always, please verify this with the company before your book. But I am just reporting what I saw.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Viking Longships

If one has OK mobility, i.e. can stand and take a couple of steps, it looks as if the Viking Longships might work. Their website says they will not take electric scooters, though. Unfortunately, the diagrams of the cabins do not show any wheelchair access. I'm still hoping for an accessible river cruise.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:15 PM
Admiral

I called Viking regarding a client. They are not considered handicapped accessible by their admission. I would not attempt to put a client who needs a wheelchair in particular on any long boat.

It isn't just the boat. It's getting on and off. Sometimes you have to climb over other longboats. Just not a good idea.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.