Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Christmas Markets Cruise - continued

Christmas Markets Cruise - continued
by Paul Motter

A pre-Christmas winter cruise to Europe to see the traditional Christmas Markets of Vienna, Budapest, Salzburg and more

A food stall in Bratislava Christmas market
Viking River Cruises Longboats

I am currently on a Christmas Markets cruise on the Danube from Budapest to Passau, Germany - near Munich. I gave my first report on Monday, and now it is time for an update.
But first a little more about the vessel. I took a Danube cruise just last summer, but on a previous-generation river boat.

Now I am on the newest model Viking River "Longboat," and I am amazed at how quickly the technology has changed.

We all know river cruises have become the fastest growing sector in the cruise industry. Part of that success must be attributable to these new riverboats. Viking River is just one of many popular river cruise lines, But the company alone already has an order for 18 of these new Longboats - an astounding number - to be built and put into service between now and 2016.

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Wow Paul, all I can say is these river boats are beautiful! Not anything like I had pictured in my mind. There is a sense of luxury, I just never associated with cruising the rivers.

Did you find that most of the cruisers onboard with you, were more seasoned cruisers? Maybe some European first timers? I would expect that for U.S. first timers, this would not be in their mindset as they research cruisers.

I looked through your gallery, and, the shots are just wonderul. A slice of the holiday season, from a different perspective. Really enchanting. Thanks

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator