Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Did anyone get married on the Carnival Jubilee?

I was just wondering..this is my favorite ship!

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
Celebrity Galaxy 12 night panama canal
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Did anyone get married on the Carnival Jubilee?

Can't help you with the wedding thing, but...
I'm also sorry to hear that this "was" your favorite ship as it is now the P&O Pacific sun sailing out of Brisbane Australia, I think.

This is a copy of the message I posted in the "Chit Chat" message board.

I have posted the pictures of the Ex "Carinval Jubilee", now the P&O "Pacific Sun" that I managed to take today with
the "CORRECT FOCUS" set.

It is currently in Wellington as a floating hotel for the "British and Irish Lions" rugby supporters.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery2/view.php?id=258

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:53 PM
CJL

Married on Carnival Destiny. (Port of St Thomas) Felt like I was Cinderella with my Prince Carming. I planned how I wanted our wedding to be and Carnival did the rest. Any issues or concern was taken care of. I wore a traditional white wedding dress & my husband wore a white tux. Maid of honor: black long dress with a white train. Best man: black tux. Nice to wake up in the morning already on our honeymoon. When we returned home we had a reception with family and friends. Wouldn't change one thing!!
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes! Last year when I found out they were sold the ship I was really disappointed! She was my fist cruise..lots of memories!

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
12/17/2005!
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=12&year=2005&day=17&hour=18:0
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:23 PM
An Unhappy Bride

Dear CJL I am so glad your wedding went so well, mine was a nightmare. I got married on Norweign dawn a few weeks ago, if you would like to read the whole story go to wedding resources it is after the imformation Ann compiled on wedding's!! Congratulations and smooth sailings!!
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry to hear that your wedding was a nightmare!! What happend?

Voyager-04
Elation-04
Ecstasy-04
Grandeur-05
Elation 7/3/2005~!!!
12/17/2005!
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:46 PM
An Unhappy Bride

Default Re: Re: Did anyone get married on the Carnival Jubilee?

I WAS MARRIED ON THE NCL DAWN 2 WEEKS AGO AND I AM STILL SO UPSET IT IS NOT FUNNY!! FIRST THERE WAS NO ONE TO GREAT US AT THE PIER AND WE WHERE BEING PUSHED AND SHOVED AND NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEDDING!! THEN MY FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW ARRIVED AND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MET WITH A WHEEL CHAIR SHE IS 88 AND USES A WALKER! SHE HAD TO STAND ON HER WALKER A GOOD HLF HR BEFORE A WHEEL CHAIR WHICH I MADE ARRANGEMENT AHEAD ARRIVED!! PLUS I HAD TO STAND AND THE GROOM BEST MAN AND MAID OF HONOR A GOOD HR BEFORE WE FOUND OUT WHERE TO GO!! THIS IS ON A BUSY NY PIER BEING PUSHED AND SHOVED!! FINALLY THE WEDDING COORDINATOR APPEARD, THEN WE FINALLY GOT ON THE SHIP AND WENT TO OUR CABIN BEFORE THE WEDDING MY GUEST WHERE USHERED INTO A BAR ROOM AND HAD TO PAY FOR THERE OWN DRINKS BECAUSE THE VOWS WHERE WRONG AND THEY WHERE TRYING TO NO AVAIL TO GET US THE RIGHT ONE'S PLUS MY BOUQUET OF 6 ROSES HAD A HEAD OFF ONE ROSE . SO I HAD TO REPEAT VOWS THAT WHERE HORRIBLE THAT THE OFFICIANT MADE UP!! FINALLY THE 0NE HR RECEPTTION FOR 24 WITH ONE BARETENDER THAT COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL AND I PAID ALMOST 20.00 A PERSON FOR AN HOUR BAR TIME, THEN THE FOOD WAS WRONG AND THE CAKE I PAID 4.00 A SLICE FOR AND COFFEE 4.50 A CUP WAS SERVED WITH NOT ENOUGH CUPS OR PLATES SO THE GROOM HAD A PIECE A CAKE ON A NAPKIN!! THE PHOTOS WHERE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN OUTSIDE AND AROUND THE SHIP NONE WHERE TAKING OUTSIDE THE PORT ROOM WE WHERE IN!! ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I HOPE THIS DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN TO ANOTHER BRIDE!!! THE WOMAN IN CHARGE FROM THE SHIP WAS NICE AND SENT US TREATS AT NITE BUT THAT COULD NOT MAKE UP FOR A BAD WEDDING!!! ALSO THE WAY IT SOUNDED WAS A NO BRAINER WEDDING JUST SHOW UP!! THE CO THAT RUNS IT IS OUT OF FLA!! SO I HAVE NO REAL RECOURSE!!! HOPE THIS HELP'S SOMEONE IN THE FUTURE!! SEA SICK BRIDE!!!
Old November 10th, 2005, 09:34 AM
plate170

Default Another 1

Quote:
I WAS MARRIED ON THE NCL DAWN 2 WEEKS AGO AND I AM STILL SO UPSET IT IS NOT FUNNY!! FIRST THERE WAS NO ONE TO GREAT US AT THE PIER AND WE WHERE BEING PUSHED AND SHOVED AND NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WEDDING!! THEN MY FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW ARRIVED AND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MET WITH A WHEEL CHAIR SHE IS 88 AND USES A WALKER! SHE HAD TO STAND ON HER WALKER A GOOD HLF HR BEFORE A WHEEL CHAIR WHICH I MADE ARRANGEMENT AHEAD ARRIVED!! PLUS I HAD TO STAND AND THE GROOM BEST MAN AND MAID OF HONOR A GOOD HR BEFORE WE FOUND OUT WHERE TO GO!! THIS IS ON A BUSY NY PIER BEING PUSHED AND SHOVED!! FINALLY THE WEDDING COORDINATOR APPEARD, THEN WE FINALLY GOT ON THE SHIP AND WENT TO OUR CABIN BEFORE THE WEDDING MY GUEST WHERE USHERED INTO A BAR ROOM AND HAD TO PAY FOR THERE OWN DRINKS BECAUSE THE VOWS WHERE WRONG AND THEY WHERE TRYING TO NO AVAIL TO GET US THE RIGHT ONE'S PLUS MY BOUQUET OF 6 ROSES HAD A HEAD OFF ONE ROSE . SO I HAD TO REPEAT VOWS THAT WHERE HORRIBLE THAT THE OFFICIANT MADE UP!! FINALLY THE 0NE HR RECEPTTION FOR 24 WITH ONE BARETENDER THAT COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL AND I PAID ALMOST 20.00 A PERSON FOR AN HOUR BAR TIME, THEN THE FOOD WAS WRONG AND THE CAKE I PAID 4.00 A SLICE FOR AND COFFEE 4.50 A CUP WAS SERVED WITH NOT ENOUGH CUPS OR PLATES SO THE GROOM HAD A PIECE A CAKE ON A NAPKIN!! THE PHOTOS WHERE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN OUTSIDE AND AROUND THE SHIP NONE WHERE TAKING OUTSIDE THE PORT ROOM WE WHERE IN!! ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I HOPE THIS DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN TO ANOTHER BRIDE!!! THE WOMAN IN CHARGE FROM THE SHIP WAS NICE AND SENT US TREATS AT NITE BUT THAT COULD NOT MAKE UP FOR A BAD WEDDING!!! ALSO THE WAY IT SOUNDED WAS A NO BRAINER WEDDING JUST SHOW UP!! THE CO THAT RUNS IT IS OUT OF FLA!! SO I HAVE NO REAL RECOURSE!!! HOPE THIS HELP'S SOMEONE IN THE FUTURE!! SEA SICK BRIDE!!!
Is everything like this these days?:lol: