Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to webfeatwonder
Default Married on Board the Golden Princess in 2001

We decided to be married on board a ship that could marry us out at sea. Princess could do that. I give them 5 stars for planning, coordinations and presentation. Well done.

Princess has a wedding coordinator - we were given options. The various wedding options were based on options and price - there were three options a basic, middle and high end. We opted for the middle option but included some additional options available in the higher level. We had a string quartet that played wonderfully. Princess was flexible in letting us add or take away options that were important to us.

My flowers were gorgeous - I had sent a picture of what I wanted the flowers to look like and the florist did an outstanding job - they were the most beautiful flowers I had every seen. I think he knew he did a good job because when I came up to the chapel he was standing there and I noticed this man watching my face - and of course the first thing I saw was another person holding my flowers. I remember saying are those my flowers they are beautiful and of course the man watching me got the biggest grin. The purser introduced me and told me that this man had done my flowers. I was so excited I don't remember his name but Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. They were breath taking. I wish I could have had them preserved. (my only regret).

The music was playing when I walked up to go into the chapel and they did such a great job. They even threw in a song that we had mentioned was our song "Love Changes Everything" - Andrew Lloyd Webber. Music just adds so much to a wedding even one at sea.

Pictures and video very nicely done. We got our standard package with just a few extras so we didn't go over budget there.

The only compliant was the choice of cake, pound, fruit cake and some thing else not much of a selection. The cake was beautiful - we would have liked more of a selection of types of cake - buttercream or chocolate would have been preferable. Who wants fruit cake for a wedding? I don't even want one for Christmas.

The captain read a poem and it was very appropriate for a wedding on board a ship. Our Captian was English - which added a flair for the formal. We were allowed the last minute opportunity to do a reading that we each wrote for the other.

It was very well done. So we got to elope but still have a formal traditional wedding. What a wonderful wedding - Thanks Golden Princess. Very Romantic. Oh and they have a wedding web cam so friends and family at home and on shore could watch. We sent out invitations that we made to our friends via email telling them how to get to the web cam and what time we would be getting married. One of my friends did screen captures so we got to see what they saw. Thanks Anne!!

PS - we will be celebrating our 4th year anniversary on the Tihitian Princess this month Oct. 05. We had such a good time on the Golden - we know we will have a great time on the tihitian.
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Thanks webfeatwonder for taking the time to post your wedding at sea experience. And Happy 4th Anniversary to you both. Hope your anniversary cruise was as nice as your wedding cruise.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Congratulations!! and Happy Anniversary!!
For our 30th anniversary in 2003, we renewed our vows on the Star Princess and it was beautiful. For only $150 we had the Captain perform the ceremony on a Tuesday evening, our actual anniversary, champagne before the ceremony, bottle champagne and special engraved glasses, chocolate covered strawberries, 2 8X10 pictures and 1 beautiful gold frame, the most beautiful bouquet of white flowers I have ever seen and matching boutonniere (which I kept) and a special certifcate signed by the captain. Our wait staff knew about our special day and when we arrived for dinner, they had decorated a special table for 2 and treated us like royalty. When we arrived back at our cabin, the "Happy Anniversary" sign on the door was replaced with "Just Married" and our cabin attendant had decorated our cabin with streamers and balloons! It was such a great evening. Princess knows how to do it!

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to webfeatwonder

Thanks for the replies. We had a great anniversary on board the Tihitian Princess. The trip was awesome. The crew (cabin steward, waiters, waitresses and all crew we came in contact with treated us like celebraties. We had the time of our lives. The islands were beautiful and the people on the islands were kind and entertaining - adding to the trip even more. I got the most amazing lei at Bora Bora - the flowers were so beautiful. They had so many to choose from dramatic colors to very light - $10. I loved it.

The food was very good and we loved the smaller ship. Even got to know the entertainment cast - what a treat. Had a massage at the spa. Ten days ended way too soon. We ended the trip on a very relaxed and happy note.

I would recommend taking a day to break up the trips to and from the cruise as 14 hours is a rough trip on the body. We were lucky on the trip back sitting behind the bulk head - extra leg room.

Our cabin steward had balloon in our room too. I also celebrated my birthday on board Oct 21 - our anniversary was Oct 14th. Princess certainly does things up right and the staff makes everyone feel welcome and special. Hats off to Princess for the best staff!!

[/img][/code]
Old November 14th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Beginner

We are getting married on the Sapphire Princess Nov 27. So far, everything has gone perfectly. Will let you know how it goes. I think the trick to to ask questions and to never assume something will be the way you think it should be. We got answers to all our questions including prices for photos, hair-dos, spa treatments, size of the wedding cake, etc. :D