Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Beginner

Default propose

I was just wondering. I want to propse to someone on a cruise. It is the western carribian one and Belize, Grand Cay and such and I would like to hear if any of you have a suggestion of where a good liitle romantic not too full spot is to do this.
Our cruise is not till Nov/06 so I I do have time to prepare.
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

we did the exotic western caribbean on the valor on 4/29/06 - an AMAZING cruise that i'd DEFINITELY go on again! we stopped in grand cayman, belize, honduras, and costa maya. belize was, to me, the most beautiful and peaceful place we visited. if you're into nature, there are plenty of wonderful backdrops there. tabyana beach in honduras was gorgeous and there weren't all that many people there - great pics from there! scarlett's supper club on the ship was amazingly romantic and would be a great place because it was pretty quiet, soft lighting, and a woman singing with THE most amazing voice i've ever heard! i could go on forever with places we visited so feel free to email or send a pm if you want to know more.

i DID see a proposal on board - a guy and girl were in line to get pictures taken on formal night and the guy said something to the photographer as they walked up and the guy got on his knee and proposed and the photographer was there to capture it just as he gave her the ring and she started to cry.

good luck with whatever you choose to do - and have a great cruise!
lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Passenger

I think it would be nice to propose on formal night....when she's all dressed up and you can get your photos taken after....maybe get a nice table for 2 or go out to the balcony alone after diner....get some photos though...if at dinner ask the server to help you and bring your camera!
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Passenger

awww how nice!!! I personally would pick the Cayman Islands, maybe on a Catamaryn ride over to 7 mile beach or anywhere at the Cayman's its BEAUTIFUL!-- Formal night is good, but everyone does that--if you do get a reservation at the speciality rest. --you will have a blast! The Western Carribean is a great cruise! L
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Admiral

I think it depends on how much privacy you want. Grand Cayman can be quite crowded if too many big ships are in port at the same time. Belize you might want to take a ship's tour to get somewhere private safely...and then it won't be private!
But, the important thing is not the place, it is the person. My DH proposed when I was sick, grungy and wearing a ratty old bathrobe (not on a cruise). Somehow, the fact that he could look at me at my worst and still propose was a touching moment I will always cherish. So, it doesn't matter, although I understand your wanting it to be special. Maybe having some champagne delivered to your stateroom before dinner on a formal night, or, as was suggested, go to the specialty reataraunt. Talk to the Maitre d' beforehand and I'm sure that they can "cook" something up!
Marty