Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Beginner

Default Getting married aboard Rhapsody of the Seas...

Hi there everyone! I'm getting married this this year on a cruise ship, RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas, despite the fact that I've only ever been on 2 cruises before in my life.. we just felt we wanted something totally different, and judging by the description on the Royal Caribbean website, it does look as if it'll be heavenly... Has anyone else here been married/been to a wedding on a Royal Caribbean ship, and could maybe share their experiences?

Misha x
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to HGeffen

congratulations! I hope you have an amazing wedding day. When is it?
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Beginner

Misha,

My wife and I were not married on a Royal Carribean ship. We were married on the Carnival Conquest. It was a great experience- we had the time of our lives.

But... we have some advice. It might be a good idea to bring your own minister (if they allow that on RC). Ours was an officient from the cruise-line and she could hardly be heard and messed a few things up. Also, this may be a guy thing, but I could have really used a rehearsal and we didn't get that. My wife had to keep telling me what to do.

You may have an opportunity to play the newlywed game the next day. We did that (my wife's idea). It was highly revealing and embarrassing. They asked questions such as the most unusual place that you and your spouse have made love and if your husband's @##$% was a car, would it be a Volkswagen, pickup truck, or a strech limousine. I was even more embarrassed when we realized that they taped the show and broadcast it on TV for the next 6 days. Everyone on board knew who we were.

One final note- be careful about the pictures. We got some wonderful photos but the photographers are individually contracted and can negotiate their own fees. Someone on another post was really robbed.

If you're interested I'll tell you about how I actually got kicked off the ship on the day we were married.... not kidding!
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Passenger

Nephew and his finacee wanted to have an island wedding through the Serenade of the Seas but Royal Romance has so many horror stories that we are planning the wedding ourselves. We can get far more for our money without have RR do it. Search the websites about them and then decide if you still want them to do it, I think it might change your mind, it sure did ours.
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Passenger

earthrise24, I would LOVE to hear your 'kick off' story. Type on, type on...
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the Mariner of the Seas on September 11th.

When I called the number for Royal Romance - the lady I spoke to at that time simply read the brochure to me. This company is not affiliated with Royal Caribbean - this was the first red flag.l

Next, from the brochure it stated that the cost was $400.00, for a vow renewal, however, when I finally spoke with someone who actually had real information, I was told it was $695.00. Then I learned two amazing other details that would increase it to $900.00!!!!! No exactly, $400.00

You cannot get married on formal nights that is what I was told.

Bob and I decided that because I am a teacher, that $900.00 could best be saved for our 50 wedding anniversary when I am 87 and Bob is 90!

Good luck - let me know. ASK QUESTIONS!

Diane White
Oviedo, Florida
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Beginner

Default I am getting married on the 'Rhapsody' as well..

How was your ceremony? Were you happy with your ceremony location aborad the ship? Where would you recommend the ceremony take place? Advice? Suggestions? We are very excited we are getting married in Juneau AK in June.