Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Beginner

Default bad experience

I just wanted to spread the word on a little problem I ran into with a travel agent that I booked a group cruise with. This company, The Cruise Line Ltd., made mistakes throughout this booking process (6 month task), did not return phone calls, were very rude, did not follow up on cruise's policies, did not send tickets & in the end of it basically took their money and put it upon us to solve all the problems they caused. BUYER BEWARE!
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I now always use the same travel agent, sometimes she has great group cruises and she has excellent customer service. It really pays to know who you are dealing with.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
I just wanted to spread the word on a little problem I ran into with a travel agent that I booked a group cruise with. This company, The Cruise Line Ltd., made mistakes throughout this booking process (6 month task), did not return phone calls, were very rude, did not follow up on cruise's policies, did not send tickets & in the end of it basically took their money and put it upon us to solve all the problems they caused. BUYER BEWARE!
Wow as being a travel agent that is shocking to hear. Sad to say but it seems you would've been better off booking directly with the cruise line. But i really hope that this experience doesn't discourage you from using a travel agent again. I would say ask your friends or family and see who they use. A referral is always your best option because you know that they have provided good customer service to someone you know and trust. I was just glad to hear that you were pro-active in the situation, because i have a few clients who continue to book with me, but never return my calls, miss payment dates, and change their minds.

***Edited to remove commercial reference***