Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Default Getting Married on Carn. Valor ~ Jan. 13, '08

We've cruise many times before . . . 'tying the knot' on the Valor. Currently have 40+ traveling w/ us . . . getting married ON THE SHIP prior to sailing.

Any one out there get married ON THE SHIP before . . . any suggestions . . . any input good/bad.

Thanks . . . . M ~
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Passenger

I will let you know in early October.

I am having the knot tied, err, I mean, tying the knot on September 23 on the Valor.
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you both...

The Valor is my favorite ship. She is beautiful-there are so many places on board that will make fabulous wedding photos.

Warning...you will probably have random people (i.e. other cruisers) taking your picture if you walk around in your wedding dress...I say this because my friend did it to someone who got married on our Victory cruise in April because the couple was so sweet!

Good luck and happy sailing!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Passenger

This is for ~ BetterDays . . . PLEASE do let me/us know how things went and any suggestions.

Feel free to e-mail me direct . . . mbortz@dapcoind.com . . . for any goods / bads . . .

We've cruised MANY times so know Carnival and the day to day routine but the 'wedding' aspect is ALL NEW TO US ! ! ! ! We're just hoping ALL we've been told is WHAT HAPPENS.

Are you doing flowers / music / cake / reception / pics ??? Would like to hear from you . . . .

Thx much . . . . M i k e
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Passenger

Some quick notes about getting married on the ship (specifically the Valor)-

Priority boarding was exceptional, but, as expected, still rushed. Limited AC on the boat due to it being in port. Ended up in our room where the wife was getting ready with our friend/her hair dresser. Since we were walking in together, I was the second person to see her in her dress. Of course, she was absolutely beautiful!

Ceremony - ours was quick and to the point. Photographer was very kind and took around 200 pictures. The pictures were expensive, but we ended up purchasing them all to receive the slide show, images on CD, and all of the printed 5x7 and 8x10's.

Photos - We felt like Brittany and K-Fed with all of the misc pictures around the ship. Everywhere we went, people were taking pictures of us. The 'Formal' Pictures were nice, but some were very 1980's Glamour shots or High School Senior Picturesque.

Reception - everyone had fun with the open bar. We were at the reception for approx. 30 minutes before we left for photos. Disappointed in this since we wanted some time to eat/drink/be merry. They will serve the cake at dinner as well.

If you have specific questions, let me know while it is still fresh in my mind.

Of course, make notes on ALL contact information for the cruise (transportation, wedding coordinator, etc.). Also, do NOT allow yourself to get harassed by porters. Our coordinator has already filed a complaint due to the way that 'gratuities' were demanded.
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Default to Better Days . . .

Well thanks for response and Congrats on your wedding ! ! !

Where ON BOARD was your actual wedding performed ??

Where was the reception ??

Who performed THE wedding ??

Did you have quick rehearsal prior to the ceremony ??

We have 48 going w/ us (LOVELY ! ! ) . . . did you experience any problems with you wedding party getting ONTO ship ??

Did you ONLY have 1 cabin open/avail EARLY ?? (We're hoping and asking for 2 or 3 so others can change)

Thx for the info . . . e-mail me direct if you want ??

mbortz@dapcoind.com M i k e
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Just got married on the Inspiration. Carnival did an excellent job. Pictures on board were not very good. EXPENSIVE. I bought a Nikon 10.2 digital and we had a friend take them for us on the beach in Cozumel. Much better. Had to get dressed agin but got to see her all dressed up again. I would strongly recomend this. We did an excursion to a beach. They let us change there. The whole wedding party. The pictures are no comparrison to the ship pictures. Hope this helps
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Beginner

Default 12/30/07 Valor Wedding

Hi!

I wish I had some advice, but it seems I'm in the same boat you are right now. However, we are getting married soon before you... but I don't think I will get back in time to let you know how it goes... If I get any info before hand though, I'll be sure to post it!

Congrats!!!
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Beginner

Now that I look again, you are getting married on the 13th... I should be able to tell you all about it. We return on the 6th. For some reason I thought you were leaving on the 8th??? Silly me....
Old November 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Passenger

Default Yes . . . please let us know any GOOD/BAD . . .

Actually . . . let me know how things have gone thus far ?? And you're welcomed to write me direct . . . .

mbortz@dapcoind.com

We've got the Deluxe Romance pkg. . . have total of 49 sailing w/ us . . and JUST NOW are wrapping up all our cake/music/food selections to send back to Carn.

Up to this point all seems to be going well. 59 more days 'till we sail. We're all flying down on Sat. before and staying @ Days Inn in S. Beach then to cruise docks Sun. AM.

Good Luck and Congrat's to you . . and hope to hear back.
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Passenger

We were tickled to hear from you via phone. Hope to catch you ion Brooklyn (Home to MIS) CONGRATES....Shellyand Gary
email is gmarkz@frontiernet.net
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Passenger

11 days to go! We are soo thrilled for you. We have 7 weeks 4 days to go. Wish you soo much fun and happiness. Love, Shelly and Gary Markiewicz 2/29/08 Yes Leap Year, Gary's joke is he is only married 1 day in every 4 years......
[/b]
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Passenger

Wedding onboard a Carniavl sip is "awsome" to say the least. We had 15 aboard. Left on 2/24/08 and married 2/29/08. Just AWSOME. They did it All! All we did was breath and drink. Kids were sooo good. Except for the "Idiots" 2 doors down that we and other cabins had to call security on several times for really bad language!! Please choose your language and behavier while on these ships...
My hat is off to Garfield,Henrietta,Kristinna,Gabor,Bianca, THE CHIEF (WOW). And to the person who took my camera (Shame on you, you took not only my but my kids memories.
THANK YOU CARNIVAL you trully are the best !!!! [/b]