CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Wedding Plans on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/wedding-plans-ships/)
-   -   Weddings at Island destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/wedding-plans-ships/342882-weddings-island-destinations.html)

Fabbenn November 27th, 2007 07:48 AM

Weddings at Island destinations

We are looking for some advise on our daughter getting married on either a ship at sea or an island destination. We live in Florida so are looking for a nice 4-5 day cruise that sails out of either Tampa, Port Canaveral, or Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Looking for Jan-March-2009 sailing. Have read some of the other postings and it seems that Carnival appear to be a good ship. We were looking at Royal Caribbean or maybe Disney. What about Princess. I don't think they want to get married at the port before they leave so would it be less hassle to get married upon arriving at one of the island ports like Jamaica but getting married on the ship then going on the island to do pictures. Everything seems like it is extra, even chairs, for the island wedding on the beach or the park. It doesn't seem like you get much for your $2000. Any input of previous experiences would be great. You also don't get any music on the beach weddings.
Our daughter maybe wanted to get married at the Dunn River Falls in Jamaica. Would it be to busy there. Please help. Thanks.

Morganwilliam November 26th, 2009 01:16 AM

Maui Island is being good for your daughter's wedding. There are so many beautiful places, hotels, tropical gardens and beautiful sea beach. I wish your daughter's wedding life will fulfill with lots of happy and enjoy.

grnhoods December 13th, 2009 10:52 AM

i too have heard good and bad about destination weddings.
people get annoyed about having to fly those places, and alot of them wont do it. I suggest having a wedding that everyone can easily come too.

Paul Motter December 13th, 2009 01:18 PM

Most people get married and then go on a cruise. Keep in mind there are not that many U.S. destinations that cruise ships go to where you can get married.

More ships are offering onboard weddings these days, however.

kittcat January 27th, 2010 06:22 PM

We are going on a cruise and are getting married in Barbados when it stops there. If your still interested I will let you know how it goes.

Paul Motter January 28th, 2010 03:34 PM

How did you work out the legalities - this is what I wonder about when I see people egtting married in foreign places. Did you get a license? is it legal in the U.S.? I dont mean to sounf cynical, I am really curious, these are things I don't know?

kittcat January 28th, 2010 10:24 PM

We have a wedding planner who is looking after the licence therefore only had to send her the information. When we get there she will pick us up and take us to city hall to get the licence. We are from Canada and it is legal so I would assume it is in the U.S. We will get the marriage papers and will have to do some paper work for home. I know that the ship offers weddings in Barbados so I think it would be legal for everyone.

AShann March 28th, 2010 07:53 PM

Hi- Lots of the cruise lines offer wedding options both aboard the ships and at destinations along the way. If you're interested, you can read about options on different lines and get an idea of cost. I was married in Ocho Rios Jamaica and honeymooned there as well- although we married at a resort and not Dunns River falls- it is very full of tourists, I'll bet you can find a better venue. Good luck! Here's the info on the cruiselines wedding programs, if you are interested:

earlysummer84 May 6th, 2010 12:08 AM

I dont know but i really wanna give my best wishes for ur daughter. Happy wedding.

akikomei June 23rd, 2010 05:49 AM

how is it?i would like to know..
currently planning for cruise wedding..

Lakers Fan June 25th, 2010 10:35 AM

Our daughter and fiancee want a destination wedding ,they are flying to St.Kitts this weekend to check it out .My DW and I will be attending a wedding in Aruba next year

Lakers Fan July 15th, 2010 08:32 AM

They decided to get married when checking out the island .

aspengal July 26th, 2010 07:03 PM

Wedding info source

Be sure to visit *edited for commercial content* On Boards section the weddings posts offers extensive info. Only line where Captain can marry is Celebrity.

vanesa7 July 29th, 2010 04:55 AM

I think it is more romantic to have a wedding in an Island cause I seen one.

persun August 18th, 2013 10:17 PM

hawaii is a romantic place,maybe you can get married there