Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Beginner

Default planning a cruise wedding...HELP!

we are looking at a destination wedding and though about doing a cruise. probably about 50 guests. few questions i hope i can get some answers for:

cost per person for the wedding (food, drinks, music, flowers, etc)
do the ships do evening weddings? all i see are luncheons
any recommendations on lines or ships (caribbean)
would prefer to get married on one of the islands

any and all info would help...totally clueless on this! if anyone actually did one of these I would love to hear from you.
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Admiral

I'm not sure that the cruise lines will do a wedding off the ship, say in one of the islands. Also, make sure that the US recognizes weddings as legal. There are some islands that are in countries that US does not recognize.
Good luck.
Marty
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Beginner

you can find a lot of different information on cruisecritic.com.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Beginner

I am having my cruise wedding coming up in January 2009. The best place to look up the cost would be the royal romance brochure, not all the prices are correct but it gives you a good idea of the costs. To answer your questions

1) there are three choices to choose from: Buffet with drinks ($48 pp), formal luncheon($48pp), or the hors d'oerves w/ open bar ($32). There is only one wedding party allowed at each port to have a two hour reception, everyone else has 1 hour receptions.
2) As the weddings are only allowed while the ship is at port, and they usually leave at 6pm, the weddings are usually lunch weddings. I found that I will not know the exact time of the wedding until two weeks prior, however you can request a time of the wedding. I am hoping to request in the late afternoon, maybe between 3-5 so that my guests can still hang out at montego bay before the wedding.
3) I do not know too much about the ships, but I do know that the newer ships are excellent, but you have to pay a little extra (150 for Voyager of the Seas) to have the wedding on one.
4) You have a choice of getting married on the island or the ship. Even though the islands look gorgeous, I chose to get married on the ship for less hassle and in case there is in issue getting all the guests onto the island.

So far I have 32 guests coming along with my fiance and I, and the cost was a little under 5,680. This includes a stacked cake, two hour photography, hor d'oevres, microphone and light set-up, flowers for the entire wedding party (orchards and the deluxe tropical bouquets), hair styling, and the inital wedding package cost with many extra bonuses. As the average wedding is now costing 28,000 this is a steal for a great wedding. Call Royal Romance, and make sure that you speak to the same person each time or it can get a little confusing. I have been working with Shantel, and everything has been great so far. If my wedding turns out as easy and great as it has been planning it, everything will go perfect.
P.S. Be sure that you set up everything with them, because even though they have helped me with everything I asked for, they don't do anything until you say it. And you won't find out a lot of details until you ask them since all the ships are different there are differect circumstances.
Good luck planning!!
Emma
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Beginner

Default You should ask a pro

I know this is not very specific advice, but over the internet it's hard to give good advice when you don't know the people in person. I think you should hire a wedding planner (we swore we weren't the kind of couple who did that, but it ended up being great) and just get them to take care of all the details. Ours wasn't too expensive, either. We found her on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/event_planners.html
- maybe that will help you too. They usually will do a one time consultation if you just want advice. If you do it yourself, good luck!
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Beginner

Well,

Even today people just can't seem to get enough of Lake Minnetonka. The beauty of Lake Minnetonka is just too much to ignore. There are a number of different boat cruises available all up and down Lake Minnetonka. Most of these boat cruises are extremely affordable. Many of them provide tourists with catering, bar services and full amenities backed by a large number of well trained professional staff.

A number of these boat cruises are able to charter groups from ten people all the way up to eighty people. Lake Minnetonka is also popular for sailboat racing. The Wayzata Yacht Club provides seminars as well plays host to a number of sailboat races each and every year. Overall Lake Minnetonka is a great place to take a boat cruise. A Lake Minnetonka boat cruise can be fun for the entire family, and is extremely affordable.
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Beginner

My husband and I got married on the Carnival Victory last March. As an "encore" bride, I have to say that getting married on a cruise is definitely the way to go. Contact the different cruise lines you're interested in, or go on their websites. They have the information posted on there and will be more than happy to send it to you.

Once we settled on a line and a cruise, I called the wedding planners at the carnival and they literally handled everything for us from then on out. We were mailed a packet and literally checkmarked everything we wanted and they took care of the rest. On our wedding day, all we had to do was dress and meet the photographer - we couldn't be happier with the results.

We didn't have any guests, just the two of us, but I'm sure it would be just as easy.

BTW, go to the photo gallery and look for the pictues from our wedding that are posted there. The Carnival photographer did a great job.
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

I got married on a private beach in St. Thomas for under $4k. through Royal Romance on Royal Caribbean. We sailed on the Freedom and they took care of EVERYTHING...transport, marriage license, pre-cruise questions etc.

The only thing logistically would be transport. for the 50+ you would have coming. Otherwise, it was a BEAUTIFUL ceremony on a gorgeous day. Pictures are still the envy of our friends to this day, especially the one of me holding my wife up along the shoreline with turquoise water behind, white sand below, and huge smiles on both our faces.
Voyager - 03/09
Freedom - 10/07
Rhapsody - 08/06
Rhapsody - 07/03
Navigator - 03/03
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Beginner

Really very nice. If you are looking for a perfect wedding destination, then I will suggest a beautiful place Maui Island. Here you can get the perfect peace and calm where you can contemplate the life you are about to begin together with new adventures that you have never come across before.

Take help from Maui weddings, Maui wedding, married on Maui for your wedding budget.

Maui wedding destinations
Just married Maui weddings couple
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Admiral

I think the reason that you only see afternoon weddings is that the ships are almost always at sea in the evenings. So, unless all of your guests want to book the cruise, the wedding has to be when the ship is in port.
Congrats!
Marty

I've seen two posts in this thread that were blatant advertising. What's going on?
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Passenger

Default Complete Wedding Guide

Check out this link, it breaks down all the information by individual cruise lines so you can easily see who does what.wedding at sea complete packages
I hope you find this useful
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Banned
Beginner

Default Hi

Wedding on the cruise ships is the latest trend and even it is the most memorable event of our life so it has to be perfect. This ships now has come with the new packages called wedding package it is worth watching so just check it out.