CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Wedding Plans on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/wedding-plans-ships/)
-   -   Cruise as wedding present? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/wedding-plans-ships/366936-cruise-wedding-present.html)

vi reynolds August 9th, 2009 04:11 PM

Cruise as wedding present?

Hi guys,

We went to England to visit my family and my brother, who has incidentally been DH's best friend for years and his fiancee finally announced that they are getting married the last weekend in September.

I thought it would be a nice idea to book a holiday for them as a wedding present. I seem to have become fond of cruises and they seem to like the sound of it when we talked about the one we were about to take and then on the phone about how it went.

They are in their late 20s and pretty relaxed; a little formal would be okay but not overly so, I don't think.

They both live in London but they could combine the cruise with a visit to NYC (we live in NY state) so anything departing from NYC would be good.

Anyone has any ideas? Open to liners and destinations.

cutiecat August 26th, 2009 03:32 PM

i'm getting married in april, wanna help us out??? we're taking a honeymoon cruise to Europe in may LOL LOL LOL

j/k!

have they talked about it at all? where do they want to go? is it something they would be interested in? would they be able to save to go on the excursions? can they afford airfare to/from port?

i think it would be a FANTASTIC gift but you know your family.

if you don't think so, then i wouldn't. if you think they might, i probably would.

what a gift! that would be awesome:)

vi reynolds September 2nd, 2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutiecat
i'm getting married in april, wanna help us out??? we're taking a honeymoon cruise to Europe in may LOL LOL LOL

j/k!

have they talked about it at all? where do they want to go? is it something they would be interested in? would they be able to save to go on the excursions? can they afford airfare to/from port?

i think it would be a FANTASTIC gift but you know your family.

if you don't think so, then i wouldn't. if you think they might, i probably would.

what a gift! that would be awesome:)

Oh, sorry I took so long to reply. Have been decorating for a few weeks an not on the net much.

Yes, they have cruised before but only in Europe, Mediterranean, Classical Greece and so on. Now, we're paying the fares for them to fly from Florida. We're going to England to their wedding anyway and we'll join them in Florida before they depart (we live in NY state). We have now book one week Caribbean cruise in Holland America. We even considered a Hawaii one but with the difference in price they can have a luxury cabin on the Caribbean one plus it doesn't imply taking more than their allowance in terms of time off work. Thanks so much for the tip though. I really hope they enjoy it!