Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Weddings

Hi, I'm looking to hear form anyone who has had their wedding aboard ship or who has attended a wedding aboard ship. Our daughter is planning a February wedding on Liberty of The Seas. So far all the planning arrangements have been smooth. We are excited for the event and would like to hear from others who would like to share their experience.
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I got married on the Golden Princess in 2004. My wife and I loved it and wouldn't have done it any other way. We had my parents, her parents, and her brother and his girlfriend with us. I posted my experience when someone else asked a few years ago which I pasted below. Some of it is geared more towards Princess, but getting married at sea was a wonderful experience and I'm glad we did it. We've been to a destination wedding at Sandals, and while it was nice, I'm glad we did it on the ship.

Prior to the cruise, they are very helpful. You are assigned a wedding coordinator on land that answers all questions and handles the processing of everything and all the paperwork, vows, photography, videographer, flowers, spa appts, music etc... We had his email address and were emailing him constantly with questions. He was prompt to answer.

Once on board, we met with our onboard wedding coordinator. She confirmed everything, answered our questions, and gave us a walk through/rehearsal of the ceremony. It was so nice not really having to do or plan anything.

The flowers were really top notch and the chapel is very nice. They even had a ship camera so friends at home could watch (still shots updated every 60 seconds).

Everything went perfect. After the ceremony, we had our cake and champagne then we went around the whole ship with the photographer. He was fantastic and did a better job than the photographer we had at home when we had our reception. He took us all around the atrium, upper decks, etc... They even had a studio where we got some very nice studio pics. We even went in the bridge and they took some pictures there of us in the captains chair, and just us standing overlooking the water.

The package was fairly priced I thought -- we paid about $1000 for all the proofs, a number of 8x10s and 5x7s. We even got a canvas, and all the pictures on a CD. He even edited them all for us. If there was something we wanted cropped, etc... My wife wanted a B&W with just the flowers and he did this as well. All was included in the photography package.

I would highly recommend it and will definitely consider renewing our vows again on a cruise.

We did decide to have a reception when we got home (a few weeks later) so our friends and family could all meet and see us. We showed them all the pictures of the wedding etc...
Old October 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Susan,
I did notice a bride and her wedding party onboard Allure of the Seas last week. I believe they had the whole wedding party onboard too since we were at sea all day that week...They all seemed to be happy...

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 25th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome Newcomer

it was really romantic
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to lisacan

I will love to see wedding on the board. Still trying to figure out what will be the cost for it currently.
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:04 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello guys,

I have started the wedding planning business. I have arrange the various services like theme wedding,flower decoration,Photography / Video,Hospitality/Accommodation,Fireworks,Transportation etc. Please suggest me more services so that i have to add more.

Last edited by Donna; June 21st, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Heyy guys waiting for your answer. Any suggestions for me. Thanks

***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; July 3rd, 2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyy View Post
Heyy guys waiting for your answer. Any suggestions for me. Thanks

Son will be getting married on 8/19/12 on the magic and when him/fiancee looked at venues on land they realized it was actually cheaper to have it on ship. They got hooked on cruising when they 1st cruised with us in 08 and decided to share this day with family/friends, many cruising for 1st time.

***Edited to remove commercial reference***
Son will be getting married on 8/19/12 on the magic and when him/fiancee looked at venues on land they realized it was actually cheaper to have it on ship. They got hooked on cruising when they 1st cruised with us in 08 and decided to share this day with family/friends, many cruising for 1st time.
9/26/10-Conquest
8/19/12-Son's Carnival Magic Wedding

Gov-Charter member of the Committed Conquest Crazies.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

It is very nice post.
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

wedding on ship!!! wa, sounds very exciting!
Old August 1st, 2014, 02:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I've also been to a destination wedding twice and I would still choose getting married on a cruise ship. So romantic! Though right now, FI and I are still torn on which one to choose, but I know I could convince him to have a cruiseship wedding till next year, haha!