Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2002, 07:33 AM
cw

Default need help on deciding?

Hi,, my wife and I are looking at going on a windjammer cruise in jan for our aniversary. but we want the more active cruise, non stop party atmosphere, seclude beaches to bask in the sun naked if we so please. Ii heard the polynesian was the best ship for fun, but I can't find enough info to help me decide. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2002, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: need help on deciding?

You won't find much in the way of answers on this board. Notice only little old me has posted here for quite a while. I suggest you try the two more active boards for a really good answer to your questions. windjammerfanclub.com and jammerbabe.com
A third link , currently inactive but hopefully to rise again, is coconutelegraph.com.
This was once the official windjammer message board and has gone "quiet" a few times in the past year.
My Flying Cloud experience 2 months ago certainly meets your requirements except for the naked on the beach part (kind of frowned on in the BVI's).
You can read about it below. We were certainly not always part of the ongoing party (I can't keep up anymore) , but it truly was a nonstop party. One group on board was a bunch from Texas called the Partyfools. There are links to their photos on their web site
partyfools.com.
I hope you enjoy your Windjammer cruise as much as we did.
Old August 2nd, 2002, 01:41 PM
cw

Default Re: Re: need help on deciding?

thanks for the info!
Old August 7th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Belmarian

Default Re: need help on deciding?

We have just booked our second cruise on WJ on the Poly. Also heard that it is the party ship. We were on the Flying Cloud over halloween last year & it was a blast. Great people, good fun, but don't expect the ammenities of a foo foo cruise. Dinner for example, you come as you are & get a choice of two entrees. If neither one is good, oh well, eat one, cause there is no midnight buffer. Not to say that the food was bad, simply that life is much simpler without having six dinner choices.
Old August 8th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: need help on deciding?

What do you mean no midnight buffet on Flying Cloud? Cheese and crackers and chips and dip are put on the bar around midnight and sometimes last as long as 10 minutes.
I found the food to be quite good and certainly there was quite enough .