Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
Denny

Default April 4 - 10, 2004

Want to check in with other barefoot cruisers sailing on the Legacy out of St Thomas for the April 4 - 10 cruise. Also, can anyone send advice on where to side trip and what to skip?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: April 4 - 10, 2004

Sadly you will find very few "jammers" posting here. Remind me again of the port stops
for Legacy and I will try to help you with some suggestions.
For a more current and active group of messages on Windjammer, Try windjammerfanclub.com and jammerbabe.com . Both have very active Windjammer message boards.
Try to stay a day or so in St Thomas before/and /or after your cruise. So much to see and do there. Shopping is one of the number one sports here as St Thomas is the shopping Capital of the Caribbean.
Beaches in St Thomas include the very famous Maegens Bay with other good beaches and Coki Beach and Saphire Beach.
I do believe part of your trip goes to the BVI's. Try and do some snorkelling there.
One tour that used to be offerd off Flying Cloud took you to Norman Islands Caves and the rock formations known as the Indians. Other great snorkelling is available off Peter Island, Cooper Island, Several spots around Virgin Gorda including the Baths and Mountain Point.
St John offers many great opportunities to see the beauty beneath the water.
If you go to Virgin Gorda do not miss the Pina Coladas at Mad Dogs .
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM
twells

Default Re: April 4 - 10, 2004

Hey Denny, Just gonna miss ya. We will be on the Legacy March 15th. I'll try not to drink "all" of the rum swizzles.
Tom