Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default Confused???

One document from Windjammer says don't bring traveler's checks and another one says bring traveler's checks in small denominations. There are supposedly no locks on your cabin door and no safe in the cabin. What do we do about spending money? Bring cash? Travelers checks? Just bring credit cards? I'm very confused.....
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Confused???

Chuck, Keep in mind the ship will not have the services of a bank or pursers desk for check cashing like on a regular ship. They will accept the travellers checks for payment of things like onboard purchases and bar doubloons (another story for another day).
The security thing in the room is not what you think it might be. Keep in minfd the size and close contact nature of the ship. Where would someone go with stuff from your room?
I suggest your get a water proof "wallet". Leave most of the stuff you might normally carry in your wallet and pocket home. Bring one, maybe two credit cards, license (for ID)
medical insurance card and leave the rest at home. We carried mostly cash and I usually had it on me in my water wallet (plastic container) either around my neck or in a pocket (I wear swimsuit with pocket that zippers shut).
I have read Windjammer message boards for several years and never read a post about an onboard theft.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Confused???

That is very encouraging. Thanks for the idea of the waterproof wallet. That's a great idea.
Old June 1st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Karl Doering

Bring a credit card . the only time you need cash is when you deal with locals like tee shirts or other items . All side trip are handled by wind jammer with your credit card . Contact you credit card people & let them know your going on the trip. so they dont stop payment when they see its from afar.
Old June 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM
TOM WELLS

Four trips under my keel and nary a thing lost - Or - stolen.
No worries mon!
I wouldn't just leave the money lying about though. Carry the water wallet or put your stuff in your bag under your bunk and zip it up.
BVI Mandalay madness in 28 days WooHoo!
Tom