Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Beginner

Default Getting sea legs..life on the sea

As a newcomer to the forum and trying to gain sea legs, its sensationally wonderous to anticipate the high seas!

in scouting out what type of holiday I wanted to test, the windjammer fits my personality and lifestyle. kicking back and enjoying one of the wonders of the world-Sailing! Hoping to depart in Dec 06 for carribean tour

My concern though is...I often travel alone (yet meet such interesting folks!). Is it safe as a female to travel on such a laid back clipper ? Is there some formality for guest behavior? I maybe single but that doesnt mean I need be singled out, if ya get my drift. Overall is there any advice to give a female traveler (guidelines for what to take, what to be wise to, and what precautions to consider). Your feedback is welcomed ! g'day mate!
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Default RE: Jammin

Hello:

The answers to U're questions are probably maybe. <G>

I know Windjammer in December gets mighty full pretty quick so you may want to take a gander and make a choice, quickly.

Windjammers are not for everyone. Someone described them as adult camping at sea and I concur with that. Windjammer ships are not 100% sailing adventures. Generally (I say again, Generally) sailing is quite rare. Yes, the sails are up but the motor is also running. I've been only on two ships where they have turned off the engine and actually sailed. This was only for a couple of hours or so than back with the engines. It really doesn't matter though. Sailing, motorized sailing, motoring, whatever.

Having said the above, There is nothing like being under the stars, sailing at night. Jamin is a lot different than the foo-foo's. Each has it's good points and bad points.

For guidance or advice, I leave this:

http://www.jammerbabe.com/flotilla/

Good Luck.

Rogue
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Beginner

thanks for the web link.