Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Default Poly on hold

If you plan on sailing Aug 26 I suggest you contact Captian Cesar direct. His local number is 561 4997. There have been problems .. Many people showed upon Sunday Aug 19 and couldn't get onboard. I sailed the week of Aug 12. Limited A/C and not hot water. The crew isn't being paid. They did receive a small payment this week but not full payment. The heat exchanger for one of the generators is worn out and the other isn't in very good shape. Rumor is that a new (USED) heat exchanger has been found and was shipped to the Poly. As of 10:30 am Aug22 it hadn't arrived. That was the time I left the ship. I couldn't see setting on a ship that wasn't going anywhere waisting my vacation time.
Good Luck to all.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Beginner

The same thing happened with the Mandalay. Captain Casey was mum about the problem but we heard from crew members that they had not been paid in some time and that all the ships had been seized because port fees and tour operators have not been paid either. I am really bummed. This would have been my 5th cruise.
The "gossip" whether true or not is that the son that was running the show died and the rest of the kids got greedy and have been hoarding the money.
Supposedly there is an investor who is a friend of the family who was going to buy 65% of the company but this was a couple of months ago and the sale has not gone through or the paperwork is not ready. I am sure this investor's financial advisors know the company is on tenuous ground. I certainly hope the company can be turned around. It was great while it lasted!