Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Latest Windjammer developments - Nov 18th

I am posting this here because things are changing so quickly. If you want to talk about Windjammer updates, please do it here.

Latest word is that the Florida bond fo selling travel by Windjammer was never renewed after Nov 9.

All the Legacy cruises have been cancelled to date, except an email did go out saying reservations are being taken for Legacy cruises in January and February.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:44 PM
Yeoman

Paul, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your installments re: Windjammer Cruises. Sounds like the Burkes were/are quite a family bent on greed and no business sense whatsoever. Back about '97 we were on Sun Princess and the Fantome was beside us in port. She was quite awesome and we watched as the Marachi band played and the passengers partied. It was terrible what happened to the Fantome and I read that the captain was the best of the best. I will never forget the memory of that day. Your articles spun a complicated tale and you did an excellent job writing about the demise of Windjammer Cruises.
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thank you so much for the compliment.

I have a follow-up article to post as well, with some as yet unbroken news. I think it will also be very interesting.