Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Joey Burke?

Someone asked me in another message board:

"Hi Paul, I appreciate all you have done in your research, but I still would like to know, if you stopped there, or if you investigated Joseph (Joey) Burke also. Is, what he is doing, following the steps of the rest of the family or does he REALLY have good intentions of saving this company?"

I did not "investigate" Joey. He was not at the meetings to try and sell WJ. It is my honest opinion that Joey is not really the leader of WJ. I won't say what I heard him described as ...

But my impression is that he there mostly because Susan wants to lead, but the family realizes she is universally disliked by the faithful followers.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Whatinell, I'm still trying to figure out if Joey is:
  • a) Totally clueless
    b) A tool of SusieQ and the rest of her flunkies
    c) Delusional
    d) Just not the brightest crayon in the box
    e) All of the above
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

my intention was to say that I think Joey is a well-meaning guy, but just not a natural-born leader.

My opinion is that Susan (and Polly to some extent) are the ones calling the shots, but Susan knows the Flotilla dislikes her. Universally, all my sources cites Susan as trhe "main problem" - saying she is almost sociopathic in her inability to take responsibility for her actions.

She wants to lead, and believes she knows what is best, but she also knows that at the helm she would lose any residual "love" that was there from the Flotilla and past passengers. Therefore, Joey is just the mouthpiece, but Susan is coalling the shots.

Does Joey know better, and have beet ideas that Susan, and can he suceed despite Susan's overbearing nature?

No, in my opinion. He isn't strong-willed enough to stand up to her, nor is she willing to give up control. He is GW Bush to her Cheney.

Keep in mind - Susan is the head of the sales & marketing division WBCL - the arm that brings in (brought) all the revenue. Of couyrse she thinks she knows more about the business than anyone else.

The problem is - she can't see past her own nose to see that some of her past decisions have not been workable.

I know people universally dislike MDB, and Susan right now. That is why they put Joey in as the mouthpiece. But my sources say the unspoken agreement in the family is that MDB will get the ships & Trinidad, and Susan will retain sales & marketing.

That is, if they can find someone to "invest" but still let them keep control.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Beginner

joey is not well meaning, he's a wolf in sheeps clothes and a superior conman and had he not destroyed most of his braincells, could of been just as if not more sucessful as his father

not a word or breath from his mouth should be taken as sincere or true, i would not even lend a quarter for a cup of coffee if given the chance
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Beginner

current contacts

joey burke
5001 deer creek trail
raleigh, north carolina
t919.954.6024
c919.610.2225
f919.878.8193
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Beginner

Joseph Burke? Webster definition: chump, idiot, dung for brains....
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Beginner

If you read the LeMer thread, does anyone doubt that Joey, Michael, Susan, Polly and RIP Danny were son's of b****'s.

NO DOUBT.

BBB
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Note to Joey:

If you got any sort of self esteem, respond......

BBB