Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Mutineers?

Perhaps one day you will write an article on the formation of Caribbean Tall Ship Adventures (CTSA) the company the Mutineers are in the process of forming at this very time. It could be interesting for your readers. Thanks so very much for the series of articles you did on WJ. They are still into me for about $10,000.00 in unused LaMer timeshare cruises. It would be fitting if courts were to pierce the corporate veil and the Burkes would end up having to sell their mansions etc to cover what many us believe to be thievery by any other name. You could find yourself writing a future article about "Pirate Clan Goes to Jail." Once again thanks for your articles.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I am aware that some people who are fans of Windjammer have bought a new ship, apparently hired one of the old captains, and plan to offer WJ style cruises on their own.

I wish you luck and I believe there are a lot of people who are ready to support you.

I only hope you have enough business acumen and equity to do it in the perfectly legal way. The truth is, offering 7-day cruises with free booze for under $500 is a tough way to make money.

I would hope the Jammers are willing to pony up a little extra money for the security of knowing they will be getting what you are primising them.

And by the way - the Burkes have heard about you guys, and they are really p****ed!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
And by the way - the Burkes have heard about you guys, and they are really p****ed!
That's the best news I've heard in awhile! Hope they're also worried (they should be).

BTW, very good series of articles. I doubt that SusieQ is very fond of you either.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Beginner

Not going to be selling them at $500.

btw, Paul, great bit of reporting. I have no reason not to believe it's accurate.

And you may want to respond what Joey has been saying about you in this thread.

http://www.jammerbabe.com/flotilla/v...651&highlight=
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Thanks for ther heads up about what Joey posted about me. I personally think it is really bad taste to re-print someone's private email, but I can tell you he didn't even do that. He pretended to paraphrase what I said, and did it really badly. What I wrote is much different from what he says I wrote.

Most importantly, HE was the one who first mentioned he was siccing his lawyers on me, that "his lawyers had been notified about my libel and I hade better watch out because trouble is coming."

That was when I replied, "I come from a company that has $100,000,000 in assets and in-house legal team." And then I advised him on some of the laws for libel including "You have to prove I am intentionally, malisciously telling lies about you in order to cause you harm. It is a very expensive and chancy proposition to sue for libel."

I'll give Joey legal advice any time he asks for it, no charge.

There were some references to "only little men criticize successful people like us because they are jealous of us ..." and the like. My reply was,

"I am not jealous of you, I am concerned about cruise buyers losing their money. Cruise consumer journalism is my job."

Let's just say, like a LOT of people here who actually do not feel any comtempt for Joey personally, I have not re-printed what he has sent to me before because I think it would be too embarassing to him. But if he wants to lay all the cards on the table, I will be happy to put mine out there.

Based on messages from other people I have seen here, and a few people have forwarded to me, I believe he has said quite a few things to people that are direct threats, and would do nothing to help his public relations cause. I don't know how he expects to win friends and save this company by wasting time fighting with people one on one.

This is business, and real people's money. I understand my article have been very tough on the Burkes, but I also can show you a dozen articles from insiders who have told me I did an amazing job with my accuracy considering it is a very complicated story.

When the truth hurts - shooting the messenger does not make the problem go away.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Quote:
I personally think it is really bad taste to re-print someone's private email, but I can tell you he didn't even do that. He pretended to paraphrase what I said, and did it really badly. What I wrote is much different from what he says I wrote..

i had wondered about that when i saw it on another board. it didn't make sense when it was quoted and had not appeared before, so i figured it was from a private email. this is childish and not befitting the head of a corporation, if that is what he is supposed to be. more and more, i am believing he is just a figurehead and/or taking the blame for the siblings irresponsible, immoral and probable illegal behavior.

[/quote]Based on messages from other people I have seen here, and a few people have forwarded to me, I believe he has said quite a few things to people that are direct threats, and would do nothing to help his public relations cause. I don't know how he expects to win friends and save this company by wasting time fighting with people one on one..[/quote]

exactly, if he is trying to right the company and get it back on track and sailing again, how CAN he have time to do all this? he needs a good public relations person desparately. he is focusing so much time on little things that will not make any difference in the long run, except to possibly hurt him. in fact, quite a few of his posts on other boards are not well thought out, and quite immature. not helpful at all.

[/quote]This is business, and real people's money. I understand my article have been very tough on the Burkes, but I also can show you a dozen articles from insiders who have told me I did an amazing job with my accuracy considering it is a very complicated story..
When the truth hurts - shooting the messenger does not make the problem go away.[/quote]

i agree - you have done a wonderful job. i am sure some things may not be completely accurate, but i am sure they are not that far off the mark. almost every time you write an article, joey comes to the jammerbabe board and posts a reassuring entry, so he IS feeling threatened. you came to this situation with an open mind and bought into their line and quickly found out that they (susan) can not tell the truth. you took it from there and we thank you for finding out what you could and presenting it for us to read. thank you again.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

[/quote]i had wondered about that when i saw it on another board. it didn't make sense when it was quoted and had not appeared before, so i figured it was from a private email. this is childish and not befitting the head of a corporation, if that is what he is supposed to be. more and more, i am believing he is just a figurehead and/or taking the blame for the siblings irresponsible, immoral and probable illegal behavior. [/quote]

JOEY HAS WRITTEN TO ME IN EMAILS THAT THE PEOPLE I USED AS MY SOURCES ARE LAW-BREAKERS ABD UNDER IDICTMENT AND COULD END UP IN JAIL.

Funny, how we haven't heard of any people being arrested or convicted of crimes surrounding Windjammer, but I guess the Burkes feel betrayed, and actually believe they have the power to have people arrested. I asked him what people he was referring to, but he didn't answer.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Beginner

Quote:
JOEY HAS WRITTEN TO ME IN EMAILS THAT THE PEOPLE I USED AS MY SOURCES ARE LAW-BREAKERS ABD UNDER IDICTMENT AND COULD END UP IN JAIL.
Awww, it would be such a shame if SisterSusie went to the clink!
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckLandry
Quote:
Awww, it would be such a shame if SisterSusie went to the clink!
Actually, from everything in Paul's article, Suzie just sounds like a spoiled obnoxious brat, but it doesn't sound like she's actually done anything illegal. OTOH, it definitely sounds like Michael deserves to do some serious hard time. The hilarious thing is that Joey actually seems to believe that after all these years, Michael is finally going to do the right thing and release the ships. It just amazes me that a successful businessman could actually be so naive.
Old November 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Beginner

I applaud you Mr. Motter for your articles.
Personally I think Joey (first of all has NOT earned any right to be called Captain Joey as some of his supporters and now himself do ) and I think he either is definately winging it or is just like the others.
It amazes me how much he DOESN't alledgely know about what was going on. His latest comments when asked about the tips that were not paid to the crew were that he wasn't aware of it and didn't know what the Captains did with the tips. THAT WAS NOT THE ISSUE. It was tips that were paid on credit cards and went to the home office that weren't paid.
Same ol' crap if you ask me just a different hombre.
In my humble opinion anyone who gives them a cent is crazy until they prove themselves and that will take alot of doing.