Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windjammer (Out of Business)
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Beginner

I purchased a back-to-back cruise in the fall of 2007. Costa Rican cruise canceled and never received the promised refund. Cost $2,000.
Please contact me if you need more info.
Dan T.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to janee2n
Default Lost Money

I purchase a Sail 5 from Windjammer in 2005 for $2500. Used 2 cruises in 2006 and then they went under the next year before I could use the others. Out $1500
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Beginner

I did not loose as much as some but in this economy, a little is alot, I lost two sail fives and was not able to get a refund of $1200 from a cruise that did not take place ont he mandalay as she was under arrest in Panama. I have repeatedly tried to get my cc to refund but they refuse. Wachovia---I have been told it is the same cc as Windjammer but who knows.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Beginner

I purchased the La Mer 10-year package and NEVER used 1 option.
Purchase Price plus Closing Cost: $12,260.00

In addition: Maintenance, Fuel Surcharge, & Guest fees in the amount of: $2820.00 -- Never used due to trip cancellations.

TOTAL AMOUNT: $15,080.00 -- Swindled by Windjammer.

Let me know if any further information is required.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Beginner

We purchased cabin 452 week 12 of The Mer at a cost of $10,310.00. We deferred the start as we already had Sail5 which we were using. Unfortunately we never got to use our timeshares. It hurts to pay off a loan with nothing to show for it.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Beginner

We purchased a LaMer timeshare in February 2004 for $15,745. and used 3 cruises on other Windjammer ships. I figured my loss at approximately $10,500. Good Luck!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to samsonite149
Default Dpt of Homeland Security looking for Windjammer victims

Purchased a 5-cruise LaMer package, Cabin 518 Wk. 25-O for a total of $7755. Used 1 cruise on the Poly in 2007, so am owed $6204.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Default Windjammer, Sea Cabins, & who did what!

Hi everyone it's Toni,

By August of 2007 I had worked for Windjammer for 10 years as an outside rep. As far as owing me money, they do and I will leave it at that. I know more about this subject than any of you want to know.

Internally the battle was in full swing between Susan Burke and MDB about the sea cabins or time shares. Susan felt she was loosing money because reservations where down in the Miami office. MDB' Sea Cabins where selling at an unbelievable rate, this subject soon became a hot debate.

I found out about the time share program shortly before I went to Jammerfest in Miami. . Trey was the top guy when it came to selling the time shares.. From that time forward he tried to recruit me into the time share program. He flew to Ohio to offer me this job, he told me all kinds of tid bits. Like Susan could do nothing to stop this program, because Captain Mike & MDB where not going to let that happen. The home base for the Sea cabins was based in Texas however the so called CEO was in the Miami office.. ..

Soon after Shannon got wind that I had been approached to work for Trey. This is when I found out that if I worked for the sea cabins in anyway I would be fired. The Sea Cabins was just one of many battles between Susan & Michael, money always at the root.

A little while later Shannon task me to get what information I could. Trey wanted me to sell the sea cabins ,I had contacts & knowledge that Susan & Shannon was not privy to. I do want to say, although Susan was not a saint, her nor Shannon had anything to do with the time shares, nothing! You can place the blame on Captain Mike & MDB they had a plan..So many employees in the home office told me of the battles going on there over the time share program, it was absolutely hell for reservations.

I positioned my self in the middle for about 6 months. I figured out Trey rather quickly, this was not a good investment. I never sold a sea cabin, I did not support the sea cabins. I was the missing link between Susan and Michael, I reported what I found to Shannon. Susan needed to get more bookings, this was about the time the Sail 5 and Sail 10 came to be. As far as the Sea Cabins, I told my passengers DO NOT BUY THIS, you will never sail on this ship... You will end up using all your sea cabin cruises on one of the other ships. I never believed for one minute the Lamer would ever go in the water. My comment was this "if you cannot sell your own product in the state our office is in, don't you see what is wrong with this picture?"

I actually had several passengers of mine buy into the time share program while I was on vacation. When I returned to the office they told me what they had done. I told them to stop the deal, get your money back while you can. I am happy to say, those passengers where with in the 10 day grace period & did get all their money back... If any of my passengers lost money it was not because they were not warned.

Finally Trey figured me out our conversations came to an abrupt end.

I did go to several of the promotions in my area, needless to say no one wanted me there. The company selling the Sea Cabins did misrepresent them selves I was there. Their business cards looked like real Windjammer home office cards. I was never shy when it came to attending one of these promotions. Trey even called me during a promotional because the sales team really got up set with me for telling the truth. I wanted them out of Ohio, when I spoke to Michael Burke about this matter, he promised me that the Time Shares would not be sold in Ohio, this was one of many lies. So yes I know so much about this, because I was in the middle for some time.. By the way I still have all the correspondence from Trey on this matter....

Thanks for allowing me to get some of this stuff off my chest., I have not written one negative word about Windjammer until now.. It feels so good... I did this very quickly, ignore any errors, please!

Let's sail again,
Toni
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Beginner

Default LaMer

I purchased a 10 cruise LeMer cruiseshare in 2004 for $18,175. I used 2 cruises before Windjammer disappeared, leaving me with a loss of $14,544. Before the company ceased operations, I sent formal requestd to their lawyers (1 in the US, then one in England) for a refund. I even called one of their lawyers who stated in the telephone conversation that the company indeed owed me a refund. I have a pile of correspondance and documentation on this issue approximately 10 inches high. I will be happy to spend whatever time it takes to assist in nailing the Burke family.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks Toni

Toni,

Thanks for your honesty and dumping on those bastards!

BBB
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Beginner

I purchased a sail 5 from Windjammer Barefoot Cruises for $2,500 and used 3 of them. They owe me $1,000.00
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Beginner

I purchased a Sail 5 and was only able to use 1 cruise before Windjammer shut down. Windjammer owes me $2000. I am willing to forget about the hotel they booked for my last planned cruise in 2007. They took my money for the hotel, but never gave it to the hotel, thus I had to make other reservations on my forced "land cruise" after WJ went belly up. I'd be happy to get the $2K back, but doubt that will ever happen. All I have to show for it is a "complimentary" tshirt that says Sail 5. That was one damned expensive tshirt.
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Beginner

We purchased 10 weeks in the La Mer timeshare program for $13500 plus costs. We used 8 of the 10 weeks.

We also had a sail 5 for which we used 2 of the 5 weeks.

Happy to cooperate in any way. Have all information and used in the timeshare program.
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Beginner

Default My loss

In Feb 2006 I purchased Time period 11 Cabin number 452 as a La Mer right to use time share for a total cost of $11260.00 which was to be depleted by using 10 cruises over up to 10 years. I used one cruise in 2007 so 9/10th of my investment or $10134.00 is my loss. The corporate officers and owner's of Windjammer quite apparently used the payments of current investors to compensate themselves handsomely and then repay earlier investors in the form of cruises instead of cash, This was in my opinion a Ponzi scheme pure and simple masquerading as a business.
Old March 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Beginner

We joined the Salt-It-Away Savings program Jan 2004 after our first cruise on Legacy. It was a great program as we could pay in advance for our next vacation. We cruised back-to-back on Legacy Jan 2005 and continued to Salt-It-Away. Cruised Jan 2006 and CONTINUED TO SALT-IT-AWAY. We were aiming for multiple cruises on the other ships so skipped a cruise Jan 2007 and CONTINUED TO SALT-IT-AWAY for Jan and/or Feb 2008.
WE NOW HAVE $3700.00 CASH SAVED UP IN OUR Windjammer Barefoot Cruises Salt-It-Away Savings program. When we booked for Costa Rica on Joey Burke's advice from numerous postings on Jammerbabe the cruise was cancelled. Meanwhile we were out airfare as well to Costa Rica. The airlines resceduled our tickets to another destination for a change fee of $150.00 each ticket. Now total $4050.00 owed us due to to the Burke family debacle. Anytime the agent in charge of sorting out this mess needs our file everything is fully documented.
Sincerely, The Tolhurst Family
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Beginner

My significant other and I purchased a 5 week timeshare in November '05 for $8010. We used 2 weeks, so we are out at least $4806.
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Beginner

I would like to be contacted by the DHS since I bought 10 weeks of timeshare on the De La Mer on 5/23/04 in New York City. I paid $13,760.00 through a Check Cash Advance through IMR,Inc. which is a also called InterCity Escrow Services located on 16 Crow Canyon Court, Suite 200, San Ramon C.A.94583
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Beginner

I booked a June 2008 cruise on the Yankee Clipper for my 25th wedding anniversary as a suprise. Well imagine the suprise when I lost our $500 deposit. I sent certified cancellation letters in August 2007, October 2007, and December 2007 well advanced of the companies 90 day cancelation policy. Everytime I called I got I'll check with the accounting department to see whats the hold up. I never got a single responce from the company.I got held up as far as I am concerned. If you are going after them bumm's count me in.
Big Daddy
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Beginner

On Feb 17, 2006 I paid $5,260 for 10 cruise weeks as a time share on the LaMer, to be taken over 10 years time. I was never able to take any of the cruises. I would appreciate someone contacting me regarding this total loss. Thank you.
Old March 15th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Beginner

We also purchased a 10 cruise timeshare with Windjammer for approximately $14,500.00 for an upgrade room on La Mer and/or exchange for the Admiral's Suite on any Windjammer ship currently available. We only used 5 cruises and therefore defrauded out of 50% of our cruises and the Trading Spaces timeshare exchange program offered, as well as other incidental expenses like the maintenance fees and transfer fees.

We have documentation of all deeds and correspondance. We are sad to see the Windjammer Barefoot Cruises and the special ships that were in use for 55 years just fall apart. But we are angry we were dumped. Since they were sold in the USA, they need to be held responsible to the many customers.

We would like to be a part of an class action suite or investigation and are willing to provide copies of any correspondance and false promises Windjammer gave us. We would like the Department of Homeland Security contact us for details. Go get 'em, guys!
Old March 15th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Beginner

We also purchased a 10 cruise timeshare with Windjammer for approximately $14,500.00 for an upgrade room on La Mer and/or exchange for the Admiral's Suite on any Windjammer ship currently available. We only used 5 cruises and therefore defrauded out of 50% of our cruises and the Trading Spaces timeshare exchange program offered, as well as other incidental expenses like the maintenance fees and transfer fees.

We have documentation of all deeds and correspondance. We are sad to see the Windjammer Barefoot Cruises and the special ships that were in use for 55 years just fall apart. But we are angry we were dumped. Since they were sold in the USA, they need to be held responsible to the many customers.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:27 AM
Beginner

I purchased the LaMer Deal for $11,270 for 10 weeks on 8/22/05 - used 4 weeks - Please include me with any punishment
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Beginner

We purchased a 10 cruise timeshare for a period of 10 years, cabin #611 in Feb, 2006. We paid a total of $8,010 which included escrow fees to InterCity Escrow Services in California. We used 1 cruise for 2 on the Yankee Clipper that fall. We scheduled another cruise in the fall of 2007 and paid another maintenance fee of $390, but 2 weeks before the cruise I got an email that it was cancelled. I tried to call several times and was left on hold for hours and never spoke with anyone. We are out at least $6590 not counting the $260 escrow fee. I also had to pay the airlines $75 to put my frequent flyer miles back into our account when I cancelled the air tickets.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Beginner

We also have lost money to Windjammer $3,000. We were to sail on the Mandalay 10/31/07 cruise and paid via the salt-it-away program a little at a time via checks. Please contact us and tell us what we need to do to try to get this money back. Thank you.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
Beginner

I also purchased a time share and used 2 of my 10 cruises. I would be interested in being contacted by anyone who has information related to getting reimbursed for my losses.
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Carson Cruiser

We had reservations for two back-to-back trips and lost $1,000. Please contact me for additional information.
Old April 24th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I went to jammerbabe and I saw a message over there with the same title "Dept of Homeland Security Looking fro Windjammer Victims" and I see the board hostess Cinnemon has thoughtfully set up a form for all victims."

Here is the link:

http://jammerbabe.com/flotilla/viewt...?f=112&t=14856

I suggest everyone go there to get help. I am very happy that board decided to do that as i admittedly dropped the ball over here.
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Beginner

Default SAIL FIVE PURCHASE

We purchased a Sail 5 ($2500), and luckily were able to use four of the five weeks.
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Beginner

We purchased a Sail5 package and used two cruises from it, so we are owed three.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Beginner

I purchased a Sail 5 package in 2006 for $2,500. Every time I tried to use it I was turned down. It wasn't accepted on the Panama Canal repositioning cruise so I had to pay out of pocket even though I technically had a $2,500 credit.

So, I am owed $2,500.

Please let us know who to contact. Thank you.