Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Windstar
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2000, 01:00 PM
STEVE KELLY/ SAN JOSE, CA

Default WIND SURF REPO CRUISE11/11/00

MY WIFE AND I ARE TAKING THE REPO CRUISE IN NOVEMBER. WE HAVE SAILED EXTENSIVELY ON THE WINDJAMMER BAREFOOT CRUISES AND THOUGHT THAT WINDSTAR LINE MIGHT BE A UNIQUE CHANGE. YOUR COMMENTS.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Dawn Stefano

Default RE: WIND SURF REPO CRUISE11/11/00

You will definitely find Windstar to be different from Windjammer. Though Windstar is casual, it's not the ultra-relaxed atmosphere you find on Windjammer. In other words, passengers need more than a clean t-shirt and bare feet in the dining room at dinner!

That said, on Windstar you will find a relaxed, elegant atmosphere with wonderful food and service. I thoroughly enjoyed my Caribbean cruise last year. There's nothing much in the line of entertainment, so boredom could present a problem on a long repositioning sailing. Be sure to bring lots of reading material. The ships have a decent CD and video lending library, but if you have any particular favorites you might want to take them along.

If you're looking for R&R and pampering, you'll have a wonderful time.
Old October 4th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Bob Skerker

I took a windjammer many years ago--maybe 20 and it was fun.I was in my 20's at the time. I have been on 2 windstar cruises and find them delightful. I'm now in my 40s. Windstar is luxurious compared to Windjammer and much more upscale. People are very nice but more well healed and well traveled. Great fun. Great people. Great Food. Enjoy.STEVE KELLY/ SAN JOSE, CA. wrote:
>
> MY WIFE AND I ARE TAKING THE REPO CRUISE IN NOVEMBER. WE HAVE
> SAILED EXTENSIVELY ON THE WINDJAMMER BAREFOOT CRUISES AND
> THOUGHT THAT WINDSTAR LINE MIGHT BE A UNIQUE CHANGE. YOUR
> COMMENTS.
Old October 4th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Seana and Alana

Mom and I have just received our tickets for the November 12th Transatlantic crossing from Lisbon to Barbados on the Windstar.

This is our first Windstar cruise and we're looking for advice on the following questions:
1)How is the weather / movement of the boat on a November transatlantic crossing? Neither of us is prone to sea-sickness, but after recently viewing "The Perfect Storm..."
2)How cool does it get during the evening (or the day, for that matter)? Will we need sweaters?
3)Should we bring our own books, music or board games, or does the ship have a good selection?

Any other advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit concerned about a couple of the negative reviews on other boards, but we'll roll with it (and depending on the answer to #1,we may be "rolling" with it quite a bit).
Thanks,
Seana and Alana
Old October 5th, 2000, 04:50 PM
First Mate

Loved the Windstar experience. I brought my own music and loved the CD player in the stateroom. Always put aside a few good books for vacation, the luxury of the time on a repo cruise should be enjoyed. Definitely bring a jacket for nighttime, it was such a treat to hang out on the bridge after dinner. Being on the small ship is so much more intimate. Having a cocktail before dinner, and being asked by the maitre d, how many will be dining with you this evening ? Instead of waiting for the mob to clear. Our dining table got bigger every evening, as we made more friends!
Old October 24th, 2000, 03:48 AM
Admiral

This will be a very different experience. The sails aren't for anything more than adding speed to the ship. You'll find wonderful cabins -- very spacious and warm, so much storage. And, food and service are among the best I've encountered anywhere. It's casual and laid-back, but nothing like Windjammer's no-shoes vessels. Wear sneakers, at least

My favorite cruise line .... I envy you this wonderful trip!
Old February 3rd, 2002, 04:34 PM
sails

Default Re: WIND SURF REPO CRUISE11/11/00