Now you can fly half-way around the world for free when traveling to Tierra del Fuego
You have heard the expression “I’m flying halfway across the world to get there?” That is a really long way. For example, the flight from New York to China (Beijing) is 6,962 miles. As we all know, China is considered by many to be “halfway around the world,” – hence that joke about “digging a hole to China?”
Strangely – while we all know China is very far away – for some reason when it comes to South America it just doesn’t it seem like a flight to China. But guess what, a flight from New York to Tierra del Fuego, Chile, is 6,716 miles – almost the same distance as the flight to Beijing.
So, would you be impressed if I told you about a tour and cruise option that includes a free flight to Tierra del Fuego? I would. That is the offer currently on tap from Overseas Adventure Travel, the sister company to Grand Circle Cruise Line. Right now OAT is offering FREE international airfare from Los Angeles, Miami or New York to Chile for three of its October 2014 departures of “The Wilderness Beyond: Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & the Chilean Fjords.” Travelers will save up to $2200 per couple ($1,100 per person).
Details of the Trip
The 14-day trek and small ship adventure is called “The Wilderness Beyond: Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego & the Chilean Fjords.” It takes you to Buenos Aires, Torres del Paine, Beagle Channel, Glacier Alley and Cape Horn, and includes a four-night small ship cruise to the Chilean Fjords, Tierra del Fuego and Ushuaia, Chile. The two available ships are so small that one only holds 16 and the other only 24 guests. The two vessels available for this once-in-a-lifetime journey are the Via Australis and the Stella Australis.
For a mere $4895 per person you get:
- FREE International air from Los Angeles, Miami or New York, including airport transfers, government taxes, fees, and airline fuel surcharges;
- Accommodations (3 nights in Buenos Aires, 2 in El Calafate, 1 in Torres del Paine, 1 in Puerto Natales, 4 nights aboard the cruise ship, and 1 night in Ushuaia);
- 30 meals (daily B, 8 L, 10 F, including 1 Home-Hosted Dinner;
- 11 small group activities, plus all shore excursions and discussions during our cruise; Services of a resident OAT Trip Leader, who speaks English and the native language; all land transportation and 2 internal flights;
- 5% Frequent Traveler Credit towards your next OAT adventure—an average of $380;
- Porterage for 1 bag per traveler.
The savings come to $2200 per couple ($1,100 per person). The cost of the trip is $4,895 per person (vs. $5,995) -- based upon cabin category B ($4,895) although other cabin categories are also available.
There is even available space for solos on these departures—and that, as with all OAT adventures and optional pre-and-post trip extensions, are Single Supplement FREE.
Departure Dates: October 2, 18, and 25; 2014
Important: To get the free air offer you must book between now and through August 18 by calling 1-800-955-1925 and referring to code: DEAL 101 when booking. This offer only applies to new bookings.
For more information online go to www.oattravel.com.