View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Default Re: First Cruise for our Honeymoon on Celebrity Constellatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobemrso
I'm so confused as to packing for this cruise. We are going on an 11 night Celebrity cruise on Constellation in the end of November for our honeymoon. I took a look at Celebrity's website and it looks like everything is more formal that what we are used on a day to day basis. I have no problem dressing up, actually I love to dress up

I don't want to be overdressed or underdressed either. For the formal nights DH will wear his tux and I have a few formal dresses picked out, what I am more concerned about are the informal and casual nights. I know that there is a no jeans rule in the main dining room after 6pm, no problem. Casual nights should be bad, I'm thinking khakis and a nice shirt or a casual dress or skirt? What about "informal" nights for DH? He doesn't own a sports coat and never wears ties, what is the norm for these nights?

Any must have items we should pack? I would love to see a packing list if anyone has one. And what's the deal with duct tape?
For formal night you are exactally right as to the Tux and you a formal (long, tea length or knee length) is perfect! And think how night your photos will look!

For the informal nights, nice Docker style pants and a nice shirt I think is fine. My DH has worn a silk T with a blazer and no tie (obviously) and he has worn a silk Tommy Bahama shirt with a Blazer and nice slacks, and good boat style shoes. DH wears the blazer to avoid the tie. For informal night he wear the same type of pants and shoes but wears good polo style shirts or good hawaiian style shirts. He loves Tommy Bahama stuff and has a lot of his stuff for cruising. You could probably get your DH a decent sport coat at somewhere like Khols for not much $, especially if he is not going to wear it much, IF he would want it, it is NOT necessary. For Ocean Liners he wears blazer, dress shirt and tie. I wear nice skirt and blouse, knit top or dress. Unless you go on formal night and then you wear your formal wear.

Do you have an email address where I could contact you to ask you a question?