View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Captain

It has been a whirlwind weekend..flew to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, spent the night on the Fortuna, and flew back today. I am running on pure adrinaline right now. Costa held a VIP Celebration last night on the Fortuna and I was lucky enough to get to attend. I loved that ship! I felt it was very easy to navigate my way around even though I headed aft when I should have been going forward a time or two. My sense of direction is not the best anyway. The decor of the ship was very similar to Carnval, some neon, and bright colors, but I don't think as much. I loved all the murals of the Costa ships of the past. It was neat to see how far cruising has come. I was assigned a balcony cabin and found it to be very much like a balcony on the Carnival Spirt. The closets were better, the bathroom layout better, and cabinet space in the cabin much better than I had on Carnival. As for food, it was all good and loads of options available. Main dinning room dinner was very nice with a good variety of choices. It was a little warm in the dinning room, I was seated in the upper level so that may have been the reason, heat does rise. The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. One of the highlights of the evening was before dinner in the atrim area, 3 beautiful young ladies entertained us with violin music. It was absolutly the best I'd ever heard. I only hope they will be there in Feb. when I do a 7 day cruise on the Fortuna. I know it was only one night but it left me with a very good impression of Costa. They seem to really be working hard to make this ship a good fit for the Caribbean.

Read and post cruise reviews