View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default Celebrity or Cunard?

I have cruised both, and am doing both in 2008, however I have to say that Celebrity is tending more and more towards the "no rules, do as you like, dress as though going to the local hardware store " atmosphere.Even did a cruise where the Captian never even made an announcement, never was seen around, the CD did all the announcing, ( he came on several times a day for bingo, trivia, art auctions etc - against corporate policy" Thought I was on NCL or RCC.

Will I sail Azamara,? No because it boasts it is "casual, non traditional open dining etc"
Pity, Celebrity could have "upgraded" and found a place just below Crystal, something I would love. Instead they are trying to imitate NCL

Crystal prices are high all outside balcony cabins (not appealing to a solo traveler) but the killer for me is that if I wish to go on Crystal out of UK, the only hotel they offer costs $2000 PER NIGHT SOLO NO MEALS. on top of air fare that makes trvelling with that line out of my reach.

I would really love to find a luxury elegant traditional fixed seating cruise. l