View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Passenger

I agree with the Hamilton point. Front Street (where the ships dock) and the blocks behind it are where you will find the bulk of the shopping. Overall, do not expect the same shopping experience in Bermuda as you found in St. Thomas or even in the rest of the Caribbean. Bermuda is a very wealthy country and everything about is upscale. There are some t-shirt/postcard type shops but most stores tend to be along the lines of boutiques. There is a Louis Vuitton right on Front street. I did some jewelery browsing, maybe 2 stores along Front Street, but very small. No Diamonds Int or Tanzanite Int or large stores like you find in the rest of the Caribbean. Flying Colours is a very nice t-shirt store at Front St and Queen st. If you do make it to Flying Colours, just past it is Par-la-ville Park, take a stroll there.
When I go to Bermuda, I do not think of it as a shopping cruise/port. enjoy the secenery, pink sand beaches, and sightseeing. Get a ferry/bus pass and explore. We have been there twice and LOVED it!!!
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98