View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: 1st cruise.......help........need advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC22
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time ever to post a message so I apologize in advance if I've written to much.

My family and I have never cruised before and have just planned our 1st cruise to the Caribbean with Holland America on the Eurodam in November. We were torn between the Crown Princess and the Eurodam and we finally decided on the Eurodam as it is a newer boat. Still, I would like to get more advice and/or opinions. Here are some questions I have........

1) I have a 7 and 4 year old . Will they enjoy Club HAL?

2) My husband and I are in our mid-late 30s, is this boat too "old" for us?

3) Traveling in November is the hurricane season, how safe is it?

4) Princess Cruise vs Holland America?

Thank you in advance for all your advice! ''

[img]/countdown.php?month=11&year=2008&day=08&hour=16:00[/img]
Hi D and welcome to Cruisemates. Don't worry about asking questions, that is one of the things these boards are good for.

I cant' answer all your questions maybe but I will try.

YOu have picked a good ship and if you are traveling during Thanksgiving break the kids will have a great time, if earlier I think I would choose Princess. HAL is doing everything to attract families and there are some on every sailing, but it is still a cruise line geared to a little older crowd. Now the good thing is, the kids will get attention as there won't be many others sailing.

Don't worry about hurricanes. Yes, the season officially starts June 1st and ends Nov 30, but it is rare to see any problems much before mid July or after late Oct. The real danger if you can call it that is from mid Aug to mid Oct. November? the most you might get is some rain and rough seas. That can happen anytime of the year.

Have a great cruise. BTW, have you posted your questions on Princess thread as well and did you give any consideration to sailing RCI or NCL with young children? These lines as well as Carnival are designed more with families in mind. This does not mean you won't enjoy Princess or HAL, it is simply a matter of where you will fit in best and the kids will have the best time. They are at a great age for cruising.
Nita