View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruicht
I do not feel that carousal should add $140 worth of tipping to the bill. I help individuals detox, reasure attempted suicides and family, and help and provide comfort to individuals with alzheimers and demensia. I make minimum wage and have busted my butt to save enough to take this cruise. I do not receive tips and there are days that I go home bleeding. These individuals who work on the cruise ship are paid and all make more than I do by at least double not including tips from people who can afford it. This is just my opinion but I believe that I have the right to go on a cruise even if I can not tip $140 for my husband and I.
No, if you can not afford the entire cruise...then you should not cruise. For these individuals, the tips ARE their wages.

We are a family of four who have cruised almost 30 times in the past 10 years....so yes....for a family of four at $10 a head per day...it does add up.

But this is not only for your waiters at dinner...this is also for your cabin steward, his assistant, and the work that is done on Lido by the wait staff for breakfast and lunch...as well as breakfast and lunch in the formal dining room.

Sorry you do not have a better paying job...but you should not stiff these individuals because it.

Take vacations you can afford and enjoy them.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND