View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Familiar Face

Regarding your possible choice of excursion to the Embera Indian Village, I can tell you it was AWESOME! We did it a couple of years ago and it was really a great tour - I would go again in a minute. Since you mentioned having a child with you, I will tell you, though, that the Embera Indian women were topless.

In Aruba, we did something a child would probably really enjoy. I can't remember the name of the excursion, but it was to some island (that is literally a stone's throw off the coast - 5 minute boat ride) and you could snorkel right off the island (snorkel gear included) and there was a small water park on the island (also included) that was really popular with the adults as well as the kids. Lunch was included and consisted of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc., or a buffet if I remember correctly. It was a really nice relaxing day. Sorry I can't come up with the name of the excursion or island, but you can probably tell which it is from the list of excursions with this info.

I hope you have a great trip!!! You'll LOVE the canal experience!

Oh, thought of one more good one to tell you about - on one of our cruises that included Costa Rica, we did the Sloth Sanctuary which was really great. We got to see several sloths and pet and take photos with one. They also take you in canoes (which hold about 6 people including the guy who paddles you) down the river in the jungle and our guide/paddler spotted all kinds of wildlife for us - monkeys, iguanas, sloths, bats, and tons of interesting birds. It was beautiful. The sanctuary grounds are absolutely gorgeous with all kinds of tropical blooms and creatures roaming around!

Have a great time!