Thread: Kids on cruises
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Does the poster think it's okay for her child to splash a passenger at the pool? We made certain my nephew didn't splash people. Splashing passengers at the pool doesn't sound like this actions of a polite and well behaved 7 yr old.
Oh, for God's sake! If you're out by the pool and you get splashed every now and then, is that a life-altering event? Children will be children. They will run around, they will play, and yes ... in a pool they will splash. If adults have a problem with this, then maybe they should be a bit more careful about the cruises they book to ensure booking ones that would likely have fewer children.

I don't like sailing with children. I will be the first one to say this. Because of that fact, I try to be careful with my cruises. I try to take cruises that are either longer ones unlikely to have a lot of children onboard, or I take cruises that run outside of normal vacation periods.

But, even taking those precautions, I have most of the time found myself sharing the boat with at least a few kids, and you know what? Those kids have every bit as much right to be there as I do. They have every bit as much right to have fun at the pool as I do too. And if once in a while I may get splashed, or maybe a beachball finds it's way on my lounger, so be it. That's called having fun and if that bothers me so much, maybe I need to be up in the thermal spa or some other area where children are not allowed.

Just my opinion, but I think some people take their vacations way too seriously. Let the kids have fun too.

Blue skies ...

--rita