View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I just returned from our first full-ship breakfast. I have to say that based on pre-cruise reports I had received from readers about MSC ships that I am totally surprised at how excellent this buffet is. They offer hot fried eggs, omelets, scrambled eggs – no waiting, they put them in trays that actually keep the food warm.

The bacon and sausage is delicious, plump thick-skinned sausage little sausages, not the mealy breakfast sausage we get in the States. There are all kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, toast, croissants, breakfast meats and sliced sausage meats along with herring, lox and other Germanic cuisine. When you combine all of the possible breakfast preferences for the likes of Europe you come up with an astounding array of possibilities.

[img]/gallery/galleries/5136/83114.jpg[/img]

So, it is highly recommended to get out of your cabin and have the breakfast buffet, which stays open until 10:00 am. Room service is not a priority for Europeans, as I mentioned. But to make up for it they make getting out of your cabin more than worthwhile.

I noticed they have some actors in costume, which seems to delight the kids. I did know they did this. I just wanted to post these pictures of our departure and then I will be out to explore the ship again.

[img]/gallery/galleries/5136/83113.jpg[/img]