View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
Captain

Default Alaska Review w/ pics and tips! 7/11 - 18/2009

Just returned from a fabulous cruise onboard the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska. It was really spectacular!

The following is my review with pictures and tips.

Cast of characters: Me, DH, DD (21) and DS (17)

Friday July 10th
Flew AirCanada from Boston to Vancouver with a connecting flight in Toronto.

AirCanada was terrible. On the first leg of the flight, they sold the same seat to two different passengers which created a delay of over an hour and resulted in us missing our connecting flight in Toronto. The connecting flight was also delayed over an hour due to a mechanical issue -- they needed a filter but didn't have one. Which brings us to TIP #1...

TIP #1: A: If at all possible, fly in a day early to avoid risking missing the ship due to flight delays.

TIP #1: B: DO NOT fly AirCanada. The staff was incompetent and unhelpful.

We arrived in Vancouver to beautiful weather that was a welcome change after suffering through a month of rain in Boston.

[/url]

Grabbed a limo from LimoJet Gold -- now called Highliner --- at the airport for $41 CAD. They provided excellent service. We stayed at Carmana Plaza where we had a great 2 bedroom suite with two full baths for less than the costs of two rooms at the local hotels.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

We then headed out on foot to Gastown. Had a beer at Steamworks Brewing Co. -- great -- saw the Steam Clock -- fun -- and then met my sister and her hubby at the Old Spaghetti factory for dinner -- great, reasonable restaurant for families.

[/url]

TIP #2: Try to be at the clock on the hour/half/quarter hour as it plays a little tune which is fun.

Next up: Boarding the Serenade!!!

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Sponsored Links