View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Okay I have read along this thread. My opinion is the OP is not complaining about the $7 service charge. He is complaining over a quarter per day. Why do I say that? Because if he is tipping according to RCI's guidelines (see post above) he should be tipping $9.75 per day. So all this issue is over .25 cent per day or $1.75 for a seven day cruise. I can't beleive I spent this much time on $1.75.

I just think he doesn't like the auto tipping policy and is concerned that Carnival has control over his credit card. But even that is odd, because he can establish a cash account and not put anything on the credit card at all. Using words like "ripoff" and "double charge" are extreme and in my opinion incorrect.

For one thing you should be tipping by service; not by person. What if I go to the hair salon on both formal nights and I have the same stylist by both tiimes by OP's logic I shouldn't tip that person a second time, because that person already recieved a tip from me. That doesn't make sense to me. If I'm eating at the buffet or in the dining room for breakfast and lunch I'm recieving additional services and additional tips are required. That's my .2 cents worth.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994