View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 09:48 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecru
I heard a joke going aroung when I was on Glory that the most exciting activity at sea was the bean bag throwing contest. Not trying to compare BUT!3 years ago I took my grandchildren on Navigator after the cruise I asked each of them what did they like most about the ship? Was it the rock climbing, ice skating show, minature golf, Johnny Rockets, roller blading,24Hrs cookies cakes pies pizza or to be at the Mardi Gras on the street that runs the length of the ship? Remember you pay for what you get. Good luck!
Hi Joe I want to take your comments in two parts. I will take your last part first. I would have a completely different opinion of RCI if I were sailing on the ships you are sailing on. This is not meant as a snide comment I don't take anything you have said to me to be a snide comment. I beleive us to be two people debating a topic I hope you see this the same way. I like a good debate.

Okay out here on the West Coast the RCI ships we recieve are quite a bit different then the wonderful Freedom Class ships you have cruising out of Florida. RCI sends the old junky ships out here. These ships don't have all this wonderful stuff avialable on the Freedom of the seas and the Liberty of the Seas. Out here we have Radiance of the Seas, Marnier of the seas, oh see I was going to add another ship, but there are only two out here. Mariner of the seas just came out here this year and is the nicest and newest RCI ship out here. It has the rock climbing wall, the parade area, I think it has the ice rink, it does not have the flowrider. So sailing out of California on RCI is quite a bit different then sailing out of Florida. Shoot they have the Oasis of the seas coming out and they aren't even tossing us California cruisers Freedom of the seas. Your kids would not be as happy sailing on the Radiance of the seas no ice rink, no flowrider, I'm not sure if they could have the pleasure of paying an extra charge to eat at Johnny Rockets or not. I'm guessing the Radiance of the Seas does not have a Johnny Rockets.
I would venture a guess and say the Radiance does have Johnny Rockets. We were on the Sovereign of the Seas last year before she was transfered or sold and the had a Johnny Rockets on there.

Bill