View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Admiral

I won't disagree with your observations and experience. I also think the information on the smoking areas of the ship is important. I had heard about the captian's cocktail party change. I'm very disappointed with that. Just so other people realize the captian's cocktail party changes are fleetwide and not just on the Splendor. Did you notice a farewell party on the last night? I have heard that party has free drinks. I'm just wondering if you attended it and can confirm this.

I'm not disagreeing with your experience, but I will say that I feel some of your experiences were unusual. I have cruised from the west coast 5 times 3 out of Long Beach/San Pedro, 1 out of San Francisco, and 1 out of San Diego. The age group you describe is not the normal group I have cruised with on Carnival for the Mexican sailings. There is quite a bit of diversity in California. I'm surprised to hear it was not reflected on the ship. With an older age group I'm not surprised the ship was quiet at midnight. I cruised Celebrity Infinity and had a similar experience. I'm a party person so I was disappointed with my Infinity cruise because of this. Sorry to hear your cruise wasn't all you hoped it would be.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994