View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What to pack for Alaska

I've been on many warm weather cruises throughout the Caribbean, but I've never been on a cruise to Alaska. I just booked a 7 day Alaska cruise on Amsterdam for May 10th. I'm guessing its still going to be a little (maybe a lot) chilly at that time in Alaska. On warm weather cruises, I always packed some shorts, t-shirts and button up shirts, smart casual trousers, a sport coat and a tuxedo. Maybe a light jacket and a sweatshirt.
I have no clue what to pack for Alaska. Is the cruise more casual or more formal than the Caribbean? Should I even bother packing the tux? Should I even bother packing shorts and t-shirts? Should I stick with corduroys and sweaters? (I don't really wear jeans) Will I need a heavy coat? I'm clueless.
I was thinking a pair of shorts and a couple t-shirts or polos. Mostly long sleeve shirts, a couple sweaters and cords and khakis. Rain parka with removable fleece liner. Sport coat and tie for formal nights. For some reason I have it in my mind that formal nights in Alaska will be somehow less formal. Is this true or am I being delusional. I have no problems packing and wearing a tux, in fact I get great pleasure from wearing a tux. I look good in a tux

What am I bringing that I wont need and what essentials am I missing? So, give me some advice here. Thank all of you in advance.

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam
Sponsored Links